Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Well no, but Wolverhampton plays in the championship and feyenoord in the Eredivisie. I think we would like to use our B team against weaker premier league squads but i wouldn't be too confident in a win then.

I tend to look more at chances created on the goal than passes and possesion, as the latter 2 don't mean anything if you don't create enough chances right? I need to see the stats still though, we obviously had chances, feyenoord had a few too.

Given, I was talking about domination in first instance and general performance, 90% pass completion and although passes is significant. We also had far more scoring opportunities than them.

Sterling has been so frustrating the last few seasons. This season he looks a completely different player. That finish was class, as was the pass from Gundogan.
Sterling was second only to Silva as our best player last season.

That Yaya/Gundogan tandem is pretty shite. Seen enough of it now to know it just doesn't work.

Delighted everything went our way, we can fly a reserve team to Donetsk and rest the team for the derby.

I think Gundogan is better starting from a deep position. Tonight he was always ahead of the ball until Yaya went off. The trouble with Yaya was that he can’t play to the quicker tempo we are playing at this season.

First one, he got a toe on the ball and the second I think the player kicked the ball against his hand, so neither would merit a card. Very close, though.

That's good then, at least I can go to sleep knowing we won the game fair and square tonight!

I thought the first sending off (where Ederson miscontrolled the back pass) and then tackled their forward, it did look like he got the player rather than the ball to be honest, but I haven't seen any replays yet.
The second one, where he came off his line to try and palm away the through ball, it looked like he got their player rather than the ball.
Those were my gut instincts when they happened.

Bernado does show some good touches, but he always seems to want 2-3 touches with twists and turns, which just slows down our attacking down the flanks.
None of them warranted a free kick nevermind anything else first one he kicked the ball away and second palmed the ball with his hands .a split second late wither either of them could have been a problem

As a fixture we got everything we wanted from tonight. We won, topped the group, rested several key players, Foden got his debut, KDB got the booking he needed and it didn't appear as though anyone got injured. So in that respect it was a perfect night, the performance was disappointing though. That team should have produced a much better performance, we need more from the players that came in tonight, particularly Bernardo, they're going to be needed in crucial league games over the next few months and they'll have to up their game. Back 4 wasn't really tested but i thought they did fine, Mangala and Danilo both had decent games. Gundogan looked a bit off the pace as did Yaya who i think needs a run of regular game time before he gets upto the standard. Great finish from Sterling but he is half the player when he plays on the left.
Summed my thoughts up exactly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.