Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Sterling was second only to Silva as our best player last season.

According to who? I thought he was atrocious in front of goal last season. He scored a few times but wasted so many chances and his improvement this season explains partly why we've improved. I thought he was ok in the build-up last season and when it came to retaining possession, but shockingly bad in front of goal by the standards of a professional footballer. Think Sterling said himself on a few occasions about how he needed to improve. Just goes to show how people the see game in different ways.

L
Very harsh, the club can change this in a heartbeat by reducing CL ticket prices. The fans can also change by embracing the competition and stop the boooing, it's become a hindrance to the club, manager and players and not creating the atmosphere we need for home games.

The booing is justified and about the only fucking way we have a unified home atmosphere. I don’t know about you but watching City in the champions league is worth £30. Regardless of the fact that tonight was almost a dead rubber. I am begining to think that those of us who watched Citys first trip back into Europe against TNS are the only loyal blues left and everyone else is wishy fucking washy.

Probably the worst performance of the season so far but another win, players rotated, topped the group so we can rest people for shaktar. All round cannot complain. Sterling best player on the pitch. Deserved his goal.

The lack of home fans and support tonight was fucking diagusting. Hope you all enjoyed watching on BT sport and making us look fucking embarrassing.
Nope.
Don't have BT, or Sky, what with there being a Brexit style recession on, I've had to make cut backs, was it ok with you that I listened to it on the radio?

According to who? I thought he was atrocious in front of goal last season. He scored a few times but wasted so many chances and his improvement this season explains partly why we've improved. I thought he was ok in the build-up last season and when it came to retaining possession, but shockingly bad in front of goal by the standards of a professional footballer. Think Sterling said himself on a few occasions about how he needed to improve. Just goes to show how people the see game in different ways.
If you were talking solely about his goal scoring then yes, he did have his moments last year and the one previous. His overall game was very good though. Huge improvement on his first season whilst this time around he’s even better.

What was the official attendance tonight ?

Probably about 5 or 6,000 Feyenoord so about 37,000 blues. Probably 20,000 regulars missing but we’re already through so it was never going to be a full house, especially with the price of the tickets. Presumably they were priced well before it was known that there wasn’t a great deal to play for.

Back from the match and my lasting memory will be Foden coming on for Yaya. It was a poignant moment, and felt significant, especially as Yaya has been my favourite player over the last 5 years. I was on that side of the ground, near the pitch and I kept my eyes on Foden. He was constantly asking for the ball and was in no way overawed making his competitive debut in the Champions league. Mind you, he was probably the only world cup winner on the pitch.

A mention for the Feyenoord fans. They had nothing to play for but turned up in their thousands and were in good voice.
A special mention to the linesman when his flag fell off his pole :)
And a special special mention for Ota - he's a rock
And a special special special mention for Eddie - what a keeper and so cool.
Finally Sterling - no comment required

The lack of home fans and support tonight was fucking diagusting. Hope you all enjoyed watching on BT sport and making us look fucking embarrassing.
Alot of people cant aford to go to every game and pick and chose what games to go to .How much would it cost mum and dad and two kids to go to the match today .might as well and stop in and watch it on the telly then go a game they fancy a bit more .

Not surprised it was a bit of a flat game as we were already through and Feyernoord really wanted to get a point.

As brilliant as KDB in particular has been this season, the two most pivotal players for me have been Stones and Fernandinho as they are the ones that allow us to build from the back the way we do and with variety.

Stones, I think we will probably be ok as long as Kompany stays fit (although I would have Stones first now to be honest). I really hope Fernandinho stays fit for the whole season though, he would be such a miss.

Great to see Foden and Diaz come on, I'm expecting them to get a lot more time against Shaktar.

L

The booing is justified and about the only fucking way we have a unified home atmosphere. I don’t know about you but watching City in the champions league is worth £30. Regardless of the fact that tonight was almost a dead rubber. I am begining to think that those of us who watched Citys first trip back into Europe against TNS are the only loyal blues left and everyone else is wishy fucking washy.

When I'm home in Manchester I pay whatever for a CL game because I don't want to miss any and more importantly I can afford it. Many Blues I know just can't afford it and watch CL games on the tv.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.