Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the french league the pace of the Premier League will take some getting used to , i wont judge him until next season but at the moment his performances have been underwhelming , but to be fair he hasnt played in his natural position which is a direct replacement for Merlin and the way dave is playing he will not get enough opportunites this season for a run of games. Technically very gifted and keeps the ball brilliantly and if he is playing and training with the best midfielder ever seen in this country in Merlin , he will learn plenty over the next few months.

After the french league the pace of the Premier League will take some getting used to , i wont judge him until next season but at the moment his performances have been underwhelming , but to be fair he hasnt played in his natural position which is a direct replacement for Merlin and the way dave is playing he will not get enough opportunites this season for a run of games. Technically very gifted and keeps the ball brilliantly and if he is playing and training with the best midfielder ever seen in this country in Merlin , he will learn plenty over the next few months.
I keep hearing about his technical brilliance but to be fair he didn’t really showcase it tonight. He looked one footed, easily dispossessed and took to many wrong options.

I keep hearing about his technical brilliance but to be fair he didn’t really showcase it tonight. He looked one footed, easily dispossessed and took to many wrong options.

he did run into blind alleys after beating two or three players , thought he lacked support at times when he was surrounded and didnt have an out ball , anothe rplayer if he got a run of game swould improve immensely , but who do you leave out ?

Yup, tend to agree now... what we don't want is sanchez stunting sanes development though, it has to be balanced!
I'd suggest Marvin is right in thinking Sanchez doesn't have the speed or movement similar to Sane or Sterling, thus, likely to equally slow us down if we are trying to use him as a wide player.

I'd suggest Marvin is right in thinking Sanchez doesn't have the speed or movement similar to Sane or Sterling, thus, likely to equally slow us down if we are trying to use him as a wide player.
The old conundrum when building a squad, do you want replacements or alternatives? I think if your coach is as great as Pep, and players are good enough to adapt, then you want as much quality and variety as possible, rather than for example Sane, and a less good version of Sane on the bench.

Playing wide does him no favours but on he's not doing himself any with his general play either. Lacks a right foot and a set of balls given the amount of 50/50s he backed out of tonight.

No doubt he'll flourish soon enough the more minutes he gets. Sane was dross until near enough the new year last season, I imagine once he gets a few appearances with a bit more freedom he'll look like the player we bought.

He has been rather poor so far this season.

As for the Sanchez stuff, you're as thick as champ if you think he'll A) Slow us down and B) Not be a better suited wide player than who we currently have to replace Sane or Sterling.

The current formation does not suit him in the wide role because he has limited freedom to cut in and play centrally.

4-1-2-3 formation: There are already by default 3 central midfielders in this formation, then with Delph playing alot more inside than outside it can at times become a 4 man midfield; this makes Bernardo cutting in unnecessary as the midfield is already packed; but Bernardo played RM for Monaco so what's the problem?

Monaco 4-2-2-2 formation: There are only 2 players in the midfield by default, this formation is like 4-4-2 with the wide players coming in. This works for Bernardo because the midfield only has 2 players, hence he can come in and be a key player in the midfield, it's not congested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.