Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
United were atrocious that day though. Don't think they could have been worse had they tried.

Bournemouth picked them apart and I fancy us to do the same.

Silva, Jesus, Sane, Fernandinho, Kompany and Delph back in for this one.

Just the people who were sadly missed this evening. You'd think that when the reserves get a sniff of match time they'd bust a gut, but they seemed content at just keeping tabs on their job.

Didn't think i'd be back here again so soon after our FA Cup meetings!!

Sunday, got to say that you're the very team that we DON'T want to be facing following a 4-0 defeat.

That said I wouldn't read too much into our result down at Bournemouth. To say the scoreline flattered them would be an understatement. Two shocking decisions go against us and suddenly after dominating the game we're 2-0 down. Second half Wagner got it wrong and went too aggressive, and Bournemouth picked us off when we were essentially playing 2 at the back. Saturday did highlight a recurring issue...not taking our chances. Wasted too many and the Cherries were ruthless.

We did beat United, yet I really don't believe Sunday will be the same. Tottenham came to our place and were too good, very slick and incisive. United were very physical but looked incapable of putting four passes together.

As four our team, we may go for a similar system as we did vs Man Utd and Liverpool:
Lossl
Smith Zanka Schindler Löwe
Hogg Mooy Williams
Ince Van la Parra
Depoitre

Green Malone Hadergjonaj Cranie Palmer Kachunga Mounie

One thing i'm very proud of is our fans this season, a lot of us are aware that there is a *possibility* that this could be our only top flight season for some time and we are making the most of it. The ground has been bouncing this season, and no one has silenced us yet, home or away.

Hope you enjoy your trip across the pennines/to your sofa, and good luck for the season!

PS - Guardiola has never won a game in Huddersfield ;)

_________________Ederson______________

Danilo____Mangala_______Otamendi_____Delph

________________Fernandinho______________

________Silva________________KDB________

Sterling________Jesus___________Sane

I think Walker needs some rest, and Mangala needs a run of games.

Walker should be the first name on the team sheet.
He’s been sensational for us so far.
He’s a brilliant athlete and has shown no sign of needing a rest lately.
Wouldn’t change a winning formula and certainly wouldn’t go with Mangala ahead of Vinnie, who also needs the minutes. Definitely wouldn’t want to chop and change the back line too much with Stones out now for the foreseeable.

With the win tonight we’ve bought ourself a vital ticket to rest pretty much all of our key players for 90 minutes and a long round trip to Donetsk. I’d even consider playing moonchester and moonbeam in that one now.
We’ll be fresh as a daisy when it comes to the derby and there will be absolutely no pressure on us if we’re 10+ points clear of them come that fixture!

On the lead up to the derby there’s 3 absolutely huge games coming up in the league. One game at a time I know, BUT, if we get 9 points from them we’ll be in such a commanding position come that game, and the onus will be on that lot to come at us and we know what happens when teams do that!?

Get the upcoming games won by 60/70 minutes and then by all means rest and rotate during the final third of the game.

That lot have three much harder games than us in the run up to the derby in my opinion:

-Brighton, you’d expect them to win that at home relatively easy.
-Watford away could prove to be very difficult for them. They’re playing well this season and look like they could cause them some problems.
-Then a few days later they’ve got arsenal away.
Let’s say hypothetically they drop points in the Watford and/or arsenal games.
We could be ahead of them by double figure points.

At the risk of getting ahead of myself how incredible would that be?! “The Negative One” certainly won’t be able to park the bus if we rock up at the swamp more than 8 points clear of them!

--------------------Ederson-----------------------
Walker-----Kompany----Otamendi-----Delph
------------------Fernandinho-------------------
----------De Bruyne--------D. Silva------------
Sterling-------------Jesus------------------Sane

Our current best team.

Alongside the balance and creativity of that majestic midfield........the energy,speed and cohesion of the front 3,puts us on another level.

I’d like to see Gundogan get the start and rest KDB. Same with Danilo and Walker. Put them on the bench and let them come on for the last 30 mins, if needed. KDB REALLY needs a rest, and we need to coddle the three full backs, too!

We have already seen what fatigue can do to Rolls Royce players who get no rest because they are so good in the team. Days are getting colder at just the wrong time, and rest and recovery are vital with the games we have coming up. Another hamstring to a starter at this point and we are in for a torrid holiday season.

I'd like to see Gundogan and Bernardo play together in place of Dave and KDB, alongside Fernandinho. Play the three young guns up top and that would really see the best of Ilkay and Bernardo with very little drop off IMO. Unfair to really judge them on their appearances so far in mix and match sides and unsuited positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.