Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's like a woman. Switches off in critical moments. I think partially it's confidence, but his decision making with the football is terrible. He has no spacial awareness and doesn't know when to attack the ball and when to drop off. His timing is really, really poor. When he tries a pass that requires something other than his usual 10 yard ones, he gives it away.

Like a baby elephant that's lost it's mother.

There is a decent defender in there, but in a team playing this way, he hasn't a prayer.

Never wanted him as watched a few times at Porto and he was awful.
However his debut was so good v Chelsea, hoped I was wrong.
Want him to do well but as someone said earlier he is a throwback to a 90s City defender.
How the hell did anyone think it was right to spend 40m on him.

Want him to do well but as someone said earlier he is a throwback to a 90s City defender.
a0RkV.gif

Did fine tonight, it's the drop off in the midfield that affects us most when we play the b team.

Spot on ! Against Wolves we had the same problem. If the midfield don’t perform their defensive duties the defence are put under more pressure. Time for Yaya to step down sadly. Mangala is 4th choice for Centre half yet is judged by the same standards as those in front of him who play together regularly. He made no more mistakes than Ottamendi tonight yet he gets all the scapegoat comments.

A below par team performance but we didn’t need as much luck as we had against Wolves to get a result. De Bruyne got his booking , the kids got their debuts, we won so the run continues.

One game at a time , Huddersfield next !
CTID

Good to see the boo boys are out in force only focusing on the negatives. Lets not talk about the positives like when he pulled Otamendi out of the shit on 2 occasions or his obvious strength in the air. Get on his back blame him for everything that didn't go wrong but might have.

The only negative I saw when his head dropped after a miss placed path other than that he stood up to the job. With a good bit of game time his passing and confidence will grow and some people might just get off his back (we live in hope on the latter).

Spot on ! Against Wolves we had the same problem. If the midfield don’t perform their defensive duties the defence are put under more pressure. Time for Yaya to step down sadly. Mangala is 4th choice for Centre half yet is judged by the same standards as those in front of him who play together regularly. He made no more mistakes than Ottamendi tonight yet he gets all the scapegoat comments.

A below par team performance but we didn’t need as much luck as we had against Wolves to get a result. De Bruyne got his booking , the kids got their debuts, we won so the run continues.

CTID
Nothing ever changes here they need a scapegoat. Even Jonny Stones and Vinny would have struggled last night. Dinho, Silva and KDB drop deep and carry the ball forward with pace. Yaya as was described by talkshite looked like he was pulling fridge.

Every time they watched him he must have had a game like the CFC debut? If Pep feels that he can't improve him and blend him in as a CB for Otters, Kompers or Stonesy then we recoup what we can and chalk it down to whatever! I think he's got the makings of a decent CB when we play a team with a somewhat 'old-fashioned, Nat Lofthouse' type CF!

CTID

They guy next door but one to me in CBL3 is extremely anti-Eliaquim, and two of us last night lauded every pass and header. I even made a case out for the Raheem goal starting with The Mangler. Yer right, tho, BE - the team plays a grim game from striker to goalie and one guy gets picked out and scapegoated, and it's the easiest thing to home in on the lad. Otters made had has many oooooh moments as Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.