Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Nope.
Don't have BT, or Sky, what with there being a Brexit style recession on, I've had to make cut backs, was it ok with you that I listened to it on the radio?

Absolutely spot on, work commitments, financial etc you can’t blame anyone for not attending. Not been able to get to some games myself due to work etc.

Can we pack the bickering in? please?

If certain members wish to trade insults or prove they are a better supporter than someone else....then take it to PM.

Thank you.

Lots of points have been made so I am just focusing on ones that haven’t:

- Danilo’s defensive work was outstanding, except for one misplaced pass.
- Credit to the Blues who got to the game and hopefully we will have a bigger crowd and louder support for the next home knock out game
/ Great to see Foden’s confidence in demanding the ball. The touch of most of our players was off on the night and Phil couldn’t quite take the ball in his stride a couple of time. Brahim really got into the game straight away despite only having 5 minutes.

The lack of home fans and support tonight was fucking diagusting. Hope you all enjoyed watching on BT sport and making us look fucking embarrassing.

The atmosphere was awful, admittedly, but I always find it a bit odd why anyone would be embarrassed by such a thing? The crowd is always different for CL games, and last night was virtually a dead rubber so it's not a great surprise that it was fairly subdued. Whisper it quietly, but the atmosphere at Old Trafford, Anfield, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge is also pretty shit for many European games.

Great to see Foden. However, Diaz really excites me just in the few touches he had, this lad needs to be on the bench more. Can’t wait to see this lad play for us, both him and Foden very special talents.

Poor match by our current high standards.

Too many square pegs in round holes for me, Stirling on the wrong flank, B. Silva not a wide player.

Yaya can still pass a ball but he is far too slow for our current style of play, Gundogan anonymous.

Plenty of Feyenoord fans near us and no problems at all hope they enjoyed their visit to Manchester.

Most of the moaners wouldn't have realised that KDB deliberately got himself booked and his substitution just after the hour was pre planned. Everything that Pep does is meticulously planned and some on here just don't get it - I am sure in his head he knows his line ups for the next 10 games assuming no injuries and suspensions and knowing Pep he has probably two or three different line ups just in case.

Deliberately getting yourself booked to incur a suspension is one thing, doing so by conceding a direct free kick on the edge of our box when the scores are level is another altogether!

Solid game, didn’t give them too many sniffs, got time in players who need to bed in to the system in a real game, and managed to get Foden and Diaz on the field. Night to forget for Kun, although he never stopped working, and it is clear that while Yaya will probably die passing the ball, he just doesn’t have the speed of movement necessary to command a place in this team. He can do a job, if that job is 6 yard pass pivot, but he got his steam up only twice in the whole game and both times he had to rein it in because he was going nowhere and being caught.
Er - he was caught by a foul from behind. As Gundogan seemed unable to get away from his marker and provide an outlet I'm not really sure Yaya had that many options. I thought pivotal 6 yard passes was what we do these days!

Maybe he needs a quicker trajectory!

The atmosphere was awful, admittedly, but I always find it a bit odd why anyone would be embarrassed by such a thing? The crowd is always different for CL games, and last night was virtually a dead rubber so it's not a great surprise that it was fairly subdued. Whisper it quietly, but the atmosphere at Old Trafford, Anfield, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge is also pretty shit for many European games.

Aye as ive said in a previous post it was virtually a dead rubber, agreed. Also agree that the other clubs have similar going on. Part of the frustration for me was looking around the ground from the South Stand at what were clearly large pockets of Feyenoord fans. After the shocking way in which City and the Police delbt with Celtic last season it got to me.

I guess one positive is after my section got pelted with coins last night the police were quick to pull the culprits out.

Totally agree with your points about football. Can’t agree that Im a bellend fan who gets kicked out though. Sorry.
To be fair though its good to see that when a blue points out his frustration at his teams lack of home support he gets called, kid, bellend, schoolboy etc etc.
Classy like rag fans some on here.
Sorry lad it was a joke. Just speaking for myself pointing out a frustration is fine but you have to accept you will get some comeback. Sometimes people make a point which people disagree with and then they moan their opinion isn't allowed. It is allowed, an opinion was offered, people responded to it.

I suspect you know nothing about my life, what I can or cannot afford, what responsibilities I have outside of supporting City etc. I suspect you also know little about the other people who didn't go. So maybe coming on and slagging us all off and playing the biggest blue game isn't the best way to start a discussion on why some of us didn't go. If people find a position ridiculous they will often respond with ridicule. If people feel they're being attacked they will often respond in negative ways.

I apologise for joining in with the insults but I will not apologise for not being less of a blue. If you're in a position where you can go home and away and watch this spectacular team performing live then you are blessed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.