Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

A stale performance offensively; defensively, pretty solid with very few chances conceded.

Our wing play seems to die when B. Silva plays there; he's a talented player for sure, but we're much better with Sterling on the wing.

On the bright side we won the match, and gave some much needed rest to Fernandinho; Kompany too wasn't used which can only help. Diaz's short cameo was impressive. He came on very late when we were a goal up and had a chance to sprint forward with the ball which might have been a bit risky in terms of keeping possession. Instead he did not rush forward, opting to hold the ball. Also, Diaz was pressured very aggressively twice and retained possession both times. Looks like a thoughtful, skillful player.

MoTM - Sterling for me. A clutch goal, nice composed finish, late on to collect all 3 points.

Fair play.
I got to watch Phil Foden make his home debut (the loudest home cheer of the night) it was momentous. Quote me in 10 years maybe (haha) but those old guard who were there at Newcastle in 68 etc they wouldn't trade that memory or that cash spent getting there for anything. We as blues pretty much knew that Foden and to a lesser extent Diaz were going to get minutes last night and isnt that what we want for our club?
Exactly mate - you are blessed to have seen it live. That's a reward I don't get. Have a great week and I'll see you next week for the Southampton game. I'll be the one sat on my hands wearing the half and half scarf asking people around me when we bought a new left back

A stale performance offensively; defensively, pretty solid with very few chances conceded.

Our wing play seems to die when B. Silva plays there; he's a talented player for sure, but we're much better with Sterling on the wing.

On the bright side we won the match, and gave some much needed rest to Fernandinho; Kompany too wasn't used which can only help. Diaz's short cameo was impressive. He came on very late when we were a goal up and had a chance to sprint forward with the ball which might have been a bit risky in terms of keeping possession. Instead he did not rush forward, opting to hold the ball. Also, Diaz was pressured very aggressively twice and retained possession both times. Looks like a thoughtful, skillful player.

MoTM - Sterling for me. A clutch goal, nice composed finish, late on to collect all 3 points.

Yes, Diaz would have been absolutely shitting inside, that he knew he had to play it safe, but really wanted to beat 3 men & bust into the penalty area ;)

Exactly mate - you are blessed to have seen it live. That's a reward I don't get. Have a great week and I'll see you next week for the Southampton game. I'll be the one sat on my hands wearing the half and half scarf asking people around me when we bought a new left back

Haha

Good one. Given that you just said that you don’t give a fuck about a City match.

I said I didn't give a fuck about the attendance, not the match, you clown. Is your little brain able to compute the difference or is that tough for you?

I gave enough of a shit about the match to go to travel over the Pennines for it on my own, as it goes.

I said I didn't give a fuck about the attendance, not the match, you clown. Is your little brain able to compute the difference or is that tough for you?

I gave enough of a shit about the match to go to travel over the Pennines for it on my own, as it goes.

Whats tough for me is your big strong words over the internet. Ill meet you any time pal and you can check to see if my shirts are replica.

I thought we played very professionally and got the job done without busting a gut. I was watching gundog as really want him to do well but Feyenoord played him really well. He was man marked most of the game stopping him getting on the ball more. There no 10 worked really hard closing gun and kev down. But we still cruised threw the game. Never ever felt they wud score but knew we wud get one really good chance and we took it. Can’t complain

Sorry Im just pissed off because ive got detention again for smoking behind the bike sheds. Trust me I have similar hate for the Chumps League and Uefa. But love watching City regardless.
Me too pal - I'm sure I'll be at the next. Maybe we can raise a glass of non-alchoholic lager to our joint hatred of Uefa. Cheers ;-)

Whats tough for me is your big strong words over the internet. Ill meet you any time pal and you can check to see if my shirts are replica.

OK, mate. Name a time and a place and I'll be there. I'm always meeting strangers off the internet to settle arguments. It's something I think more people should do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.