Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think i'd be back here again so soon after our FA Cup meetings!!

Sunday, got to say that you're the very team that we DON'T want to be facing following a 4-0 defeat.

That said I wouldn't read too much into our result down at Bournemouth. To say the scoreline flattered them would be an understatement. Two shocking decisions go against us and suddenly after dominating the game we're 2-0 down. Second half Wagner got it wrong and went too aggressive, and Bournemouth picked us off when we were essentially playing 2 at the back. Saturday did highlight a recurring issue...not taking our chances. Wasted too many and the Cherries were ruthless.

We did beat United, yet I really don't believe Sunday will be the same. Tottenham came to our place and were too good, very slick and incisive. United were very physical but looked incapable of putting four passes together.

As four our team, we may go for a similar system as we did vs Man Utd and Liverpool:
Lossl
Smith Zanka Schindler Löwe
Hogg Mooy Williams
Ince Van la Parra
Depoitre

Green Malone Hadergjonaj Cranie Palmer Kachunga Mounie

One thing i'm very proud of is our fans this season, a lot of us are aware that there is a *possibility* that this could be our only top flight season for some time and we are making the most of it. The ground has been bouncing this season, and no one has silenced us yet, home or away.

Hope you enjoy your trip across the pennines/to your sofa, and good luck for the season!

PS - Guardiola has never won a game in Huddersfield ;)

It's the one thing lacking on his CV. We should never have appointed him. Good luck to you guys as well, a great and close away trip for blues.

team picks itself like a few have already predicted
ederson
walker vinny ota delp
kdb fern silva
sterling jesus sane

Really big effort needed next 3 games, i would only tinker where the fitness guys say so, 9 points would see us in a great position.... leave all the regulars at home for a couple of days after west ham in prep for the derby.... send bravo, yaya, the kids, moonbeam and summerbee to play in the champs league

I can see the point of playing Mangala ahead of Kompany, We have 3 games in the league before the derby, and Kompany looked rusty but what if his calf goes again, Although Mangala looked ok in the last 2 games but he hasn't got the passing out of defence ability of Stones. Win the next 3 league games and we can park the bus at the Swamp.Now that would be funny just to see Peg lose it.

PS - Guardiola has never won a game in Huddersfield ;)
I have been calling for Pep to be sacked most of this season, info like that seals it for me.
Have a good season, hope you stay up(but not by getting points from us)

As others have posted, any new injuries aside the team picks itself for this weekend, the challenge will be to arrive at the derby with Otamendi and Kompany ready to start without having been overworked in the next 4 games

Ederson

Danilo
Otamendi
Vinny
Delph

Diniho
Silva
Kdb

Sterling
Jesus
Sane

If we can have the game wrapped up in 60mins then we can get Vinny,kdb,sterling off so they OK for Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.