Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ball went to the keeper and not 12 inches either way as you posted how do you know he didn't know where the keeper was?

Because at no point did he look after receiving the ball and Ederson had advanced off his line in the meantime. It's like when he is constantly out of position or dives in when he panics...these dont always have dire consequences but it's not something I'd like him to carry on doing. I want City to do well I dont need a scapegoat.

If you think he played ok then that's fine. I don't say that he is your favourite city player who can do no wrong.

I don't say that he is your favourite city player who can do no wrong
You're right he isn't but in my opinion he didn't have a bad game last night. Yes the defense had a few problems but I would't single Mangala out as the worst and I would like to see how Stones/Kompany would have performed without Ferno in front of them.

You're right he isn't but in my opinion he didn't have a bad game last night. Yes the defense had a few problems but I would't single Mangala out as the worst and I would like to see how Stones/Kompany would have performed without Ferno in front of them.

And I respect your opinion.

I'd love to be wrong about him and I don't enjoy criticising him. I just think we would be better without him and he makes me very nervous watching him....hence why it's probably better that I miss the game when he plays as that's my problem!

Sorry but a scapegoat is a player who gets slagged off when a team does not play to its normal level and they play no worse than others but get all the negativity that fans want to work off. This pulled from an earlier post says it all.

"At one point he fired the ball back to Ederson before checking where he was stood. A foot either side of our keeper it was an own goal."

So Mangala gets criticised because the poster thinks he didn't look. The post its saying he passed it accurately back because it wasn't a foot either side. To be within 12 inches either way sounds like an accurate pass to me, well done Mangala! But the poster turns the action into one that deserves a negative slant. That's exactly what being prejudiced against certain players is.

Mangala made 106 passes last night and completed 104 of them. He had the best pass completion of all last night's starters. Based on those stats, he must have got very lucky with that back pass.

Don't agree that he cannot kick a ball. Like all our players including KDB not every pass is a success but when KDB has a game where some of his passing is poor the comments are "what's happened to his radar". With Mangala it's "he's shite". I thought he made several good passes last night, several over a decent distance. Fans need to look at their own pets and prejudices from time to time.

He does look decent half the time, but the other half of mangala is clumsy and doesn’t like a football at his feet. I think he’s a poor footballer, although he could do a good job in a team that sets up to defend. Hopefully gets moved on so he can play regular football somewhere else and we can get someone else in.

Because at no point did he look after receiving the ball and Ederson had advanced off his line in the meantime. It's like when he is constantly out of position or dives in when he panics...these dont always have dire consequences but it's not something I'd like him to carry on doing. I want City to do well I dont need a scapegoat.

If you think he played ok then that's fine. I don't say that he is your favourite city player who can do no wrong.
Our manager expects players to look before they receive the ball.

Mangala made 106 passes last night and completed 104 of them. He had the best pass completion of all last night's starters. Based on those stats, he must have got very lucky with that back pass.

Fair point. Does he not make you nervous at all?

It's one thing passing it 5 yards behind you it's when he is under pressure or has to tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.