Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

The atmosphere was awful, admittedly, but I always find it a bit odd why anyone would be embarrassed by such a thing? The crowd is always different for CL games, and last night was virtually a dead rubber so it's not a great surprise that it was fairly subdued. Whisper it quietly, but the atmosphere at Old Trafford, Anfield, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge is also pretty shit for many European games.
Are you for real.... attendance might not have been great but you really need to get off slagging the fans.
I was there and there were probably 4000 Dutch fans tops and to be honest not many day trippers from what I saw.
Not everyone can afford to go to extra games with Christmas coming up..not to mention the crap weather as well as how much of a nightmare it is to get to and from night games.
Plus we had already qualified and were almost certain of topping the group anyway.
43000+ isn't a bad attendance given those factors.
Not sure the weather is a legitimate reason for not attending. Also, Spurs and Arsenal both used Wembley, as their own stadiums weren't deemed big enough for CL. For us it seems to be the opposite. Maybe we should use the Macron!! It's no as though we're being asked to pay obscene prices to attend. My 10 year old son is in the cup scheme with me and I'm sure his ticket is only around a tenner for some of the CL games. I just don't get why fans don't make more of an effort. You can guarantee they'll all be back for Southampton on Wednesday despite the crap weather and the journey home. I live 30 miles away and am back home for 10.30 and last night was no different than any other night game. The atmosphere might be crap at other English stadiums but the empty seats aren't as evident as they are at our place on a CL night.

I know what you meant! I was yanking your chain on that last bit.

Yaya played the ball at a variety of paces last night and the point is that he can play the ball quick and do the one touch, two touch football Pep wants; which the person I first responded to suggested he can't. I rewatched the first twenty minutes of the game and on the few instances where Yaya did hang onto the ball, I think he was justified in doing so.
I wouldn’t dream of attaching blame to one player for our performance slipping last night. So many changes it is not surprising that overall I think our tempo dropped. The outball from defence wasn’t as crisp, Yaya did pass sideways more than we usually see, but that is as much the availability and runs of the full backs and attacking midfielders. Overall, we were slower and less incisive. My original post was intended to say that ultimately pep will want no drop off in performance irrespective of who plays. I think, naturally, we have a way to go before that is achieved.

Not sure the weather is a legitimate reason for not attending. Also, Spurs and Arsenal both used Wembley, as their own stadiums weren't deemed big enough for CL. For us it seems to be the opposite. Maybe we should use the Macron!! It's no as though we're being asked to pay obscene prices to attend. My 10 year old son is in the cup scheme with me and I'm sure his ticket is only around a tenner for some of the CL games. I just don't get why fans don't make more of an effort. You can guarantee they'll all be back for Southampton on Wednesday despite the crap weather and the journey home. I live 30 miles away and am back home for 10.30 and last night was no different than any other night game. The atmosphere might be crap at other English stadiums but the empty seats aren't as evident as they are at our place on a CL night.
I only live in Denton but have to get the tram to Ashton then get picked up near stop but on most night matches it takes me at least an hour if I'm lucky and 90 minutes more often than not.
Doesn't help being in SS3 but still night games are more of an hassle transport wise.
43500 is hardly a reason to play at a small stadium mate....yeah I know you are joking about it but it was a dead rubber realistically so attendance wasn't too bad.
League games are different as most people have season ticket so it's only transport costs they have to factor in.
I'm sure lots of fans would love to go to cup games but if they have other priorities such as work bills etc it's a case of football comes second.
If we get a good draw in next rounds of champions league then if it's not overpriced then it will more than likely be full.
Hopefully our fan base will grow and then empty seats will become less of a problem.

Did anyone notice that there was another team on the pitch tonight apart from us?

They played pretty well... much better that I expected... it is not only about us you know...

But another City win... that's what counts.

JJ
Feyenoord set up well. Defensively they were very organised. Still should have had a couple more. We were laboured today but a win's a win, on we go.

getting home is usually no problem, getting there is another matter entirely . I live 24 miles away normally (for a Sat or Sun match just under 1 hour) last night 2 and 1/4 hours awful traffic, does make us wonder about going to night matches and can only see it getting worse not better.

I am amazed people still get all pompous and upset about attendance's. What is this school? " Bad weather is not a legitimate reason for non attendance! " bloody hell lol, fans will be producing notes next for missing a game!

Arsenal and now Spurs used/are using Wembley because they had no ground until the new ones were built. I think it was £15 for an adult on the cup scheme. Reasonably cheap but add on travel expenses and that will probably double at least. Everyone's disposable income is different and for some cup games are an extra expense they can't afford.

Public transport or going by car will make a difference too. Public transport is expensive, unreliable and a miserable experience. Queuing in the cold and rain while inefficient security staff add to the misery by their bumbling incompetence is testing to say the least. I only live about ten miles away but it will take me 60-90 minutes to get home ending with a taxi ride as no buses run after 22:30, so doubling my expenses. At least in s car you are warm, safe and in your own space even if you are delayed in traffic or leaving a car park.

Last night was a dead rubber game, the weather was shit and Christmas shopping/markets and a concert meant town and the surrounding areas were packed. Some people don't consider it worth the hassle and expense and that is their prerogative.

The early years in the champs league and how we have been shat on by UEFA for me is why quite a few fans are not that bothered with champs league games in the 6 game mini league. Come the knock out be sell out.

Diaz was full of confidence.
I don’t understand why the media is bombarding with kdb”s yellow .How do they know he did that deliberately ?

The early years in the champs league and how we have been shat on by UEFA for me is why quite a few fans are not that bothered with champs league games in the 6 game mini league. Come the knock out be sell out.

All true and another important factor is as group winners we will play the defining second leg at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.