Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

I am amazed people still get all pompous and upset about attendance's. What is this school? " Bad weather is not a legitimate reason for non attendance! " bloody hell lol, fans will be producing notes next for missing a game!

Arsenal and now Spurs used/are using Wembley because they had no ground until the new ones were built. I think it was £15 for an adult on the cup scheme. Reasonably cheap but add on travel expenses and that will probably double at least. Everyone's disposable income is different and for some cup games are an extra expense they can't afford.

Public transport or going by car will make a difference too. Public transport is expensive, unreliable and a miserable experience. Queuing in the cold and rain while inefficient security staff add to the misery by their bumbling incompetence is testing to say the least. I only live about ten miles away but it will take me 60-90 minutes to get home ending with a taxi ride as no buses run after 22:30, so doubling my expenses. At least in s car you are warm, safe and in your own space even if you are delayed in traffic or leaving a car park.

Last night was a dead rubber game, the weather was shit and Christmas shopping/markets and a concert meant town and the surrounding areas were packed. Some people don't consider it worth the hassle and expense and that is their prerogative.

Was £25 in SS3 and that's on the cup scheme.... But I agree it's a bloody hassle to get to and from the ground depending on which area you are traveling from.

Diaz was full of confidence.
I don’t understand why the media is bombarding with kdb”s yellow .How do they know he did that deliberately ?
I thought he did it deliberatly tbh. I just dont know if it was under instruction from Pep or for himself, in which case he deserves it tbh, I wasnt expecting him to play last night anyway, he needed a break imo.

Not sure the weather is a legitimate reason for not attending. Also, Spurs and Arsenal both used Wembley, as their own stadiums weren't deemed big enough for CL. For us it seems to be the opposite. Maybe we should use the Macron!! It's no as though we're being asked to pay obscene prices to attend. My 10 year old son is in the cup scheme with me and I'm sure his ticket is only around a tenner for some of the CL games. I just don't get why fans don't make more of an effort. You can guarantee they'll all be back for Southampton on Wednesday despite the crap weather and the journey home. I live 30 miles away and am back home for 10.30 and last night was no different than any other night game. The atmosphere might be crap at other English stadiums but the empty seats aren't as evident as they are at our place on a CL night.

Did you fly home! The match didn't finish until about 9.40 then you have to get out and get back to your car. My ticket cost £52 for both my son and myself and as some say getting to the match is more of an issue than getting home as that takes at least twice as long. I fully understand why some give it a miss and I think I will opt out of the scheme myself next year and pick my matches.

It was a new experience being in your normal seat and surrounded by away fans last night. It wasn't a great problem but I prefer to be surrounded by City fans.

I thought he did it deliberatly tbh. I just dont know if it was under instruction from Pep or for himself, in which case he deserves it tbh, I wasnt expecting him to play last night anyway, he needed a break imo.

Wouldn't have mattered whether he got booked or not really as cards are reset after the group games and unless we needed to win in Shaktar I doubt whether kev would have played.

Was £25 in SS3 and that's on the cup scheme.... But I agree it's a bloody hassle to get to and from the ground depending on which area you are traveling from.

When you are young, going for a pint and travelling with mates it is all a laugh and you shrug off all the crap. When you get older and travel alone a warm house and sofa looks more attractive lol!

Didn't help matters last night when two taxis in front of me decided to stop in the middle of the road to pick up passengers and block the whole road - other side was coned off so couldn't overtake. To make matters worse people still insist on walking in front of cars trying to turn right onto Ashton New Road from the side street and then walking on the road which just clogs up the traffic. Walk on the pavements it's safer and means traffic moves away from the stadium a lot quicker

Wouldn't have mattered whether he got booked or not really as cards are reset after the group games and unless we needed to win in Shaktar I doubt whether kev would have played.
Yellow Cards only get rescinded after the QF. Cards in the pre-qualifying group stage are also rescinded

When you are young, going for a pint and travelling with mates it is all a laugh and you shrug off all the crap. When you get older and travel alone a warm house and sofa looks more attractive lol!

This I can wholeheartedly agree with as I go to games alone...billynomates me ...once you hit a certain age it gets harder to get to games lol...still a relatively young 60 do I've no excuse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.