United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest annoyance of mine is something that's not just in the media but prevent on this forum too.

It's this idea that they are title challengers. They're not. They're not even close. Chelsea are our title rivals.

United are the only team I've ever seen to finish 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th yet be spoken about as if they're somehow a challenger. Im fact evidence suggests theyre getting worse. They're literally living off a name and loads of people including City fans buy into it

Agree with every word. Top post.

Said last year they won’t make top 4 and didn’t. Said it again this year. Easy draws and luck can only get you so far when your squad is average. Lukaku and Pogba some of the most expensive footballers in history disappear in every big match. Is there anything more to say?

IMO it’s us, Chelsea, Spurs top 3 with Liverpool, rags, Arsenal battling for the 4th spot.

The biggest annoyance of mine is something that's not just in the media but prevent on this forum too.

It's this idea that they are title challengers. They're not. They're not even close. Chelsea are our title rivals.

United are the only team I've ever seen to finish 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th yet be spoken about as if they're somehow a challenger. Im fact evidence suggests theyre getting worse. They're literally living off a name and loads of people including City fans buy into it
I hear the mantra 'Jose will get us back to where we were' all the time from them.
They still don’t (or can’t) see that the single most important ingredient of the years of plenty has gone off to spend more time with his whisky,
and it’s not coming back.

we'll see, if we keep doing our thing they won't be

I’m sorry if it annoys people but I do think they will be our nearest rivals
They have played 3 of top 6 and are 2nd 2 of those away. Whatever your take on Pogba and yes he’s overhyped but he’s one of THEIR better players who has been out for some time
I think they will roll the cannon fodder over like they have been doing and that will be enough to keep them in the mix
I see Chelsea slipping up more than they will so yep I think they will come 2nd

They have played 3 of top 6 and are 2nd 2 of those away. Whatever your take on Pogba and yes he’s overhyped but he’s one of THEIR better players who has been out for some time
I think they will roll the cannon fodder over like they have been doing and that will be enough to keep them in the mix

Have to agree. Mouriniho will get them very close with his dull pragmatic football.

tbf it’s was often ever thus, throughout the 80s this year was going to be their year, rag supporting sheep in the media have been promoting this bullshit for 40 years

But chase down 8 points ? The way we playing,I don't see it,even if,and it is a big IF they manage to beat us,it's down to 5,I still don't see it,we won't lose many,(if any), this season,trust me,you will have different feelings when we win at the swamp and the points gap grows further

I wouldn't disagree with that assessment. They don't look great against top 6 and have Arsenal away before us but I do think they will come second to us.

In fact what I should of added is we may well be even more than 8 points when we come to play them,let's face it,Huddersfield,Saints and West Ham should see us get 9 points,Utd have Brighton home,Watford away and Arsenal away before us,they may end up with a max of 4 points from those matches,they will lose at Arsenal

But chase down 8 points ? The way we playing,I don't see it,even if,and it is a big IF they manage to beat us,it's down to 5,I still don't see it,we won't lose many,(if any), this season,trust me,you will have different feelings when we win at the swamp and the points gap grows further

Not saying they will close the gap just that I think they will finish 2nd
If we win lose or draw next month I will feel the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.