New security measure

Loads of Feyonord fans around us, but they were respectful and calm. As many of our fans would take the opportunity, if offered, to go into the home end at away matches they couldn't get tickets for then who can blame them. As long as away fans in a home end don't make a big fuss and are respectful then it's fine. :-)

(I've gone into a home end when I couldn't get a ticket for a match. Never forget a Bolton W v City match where I was in the home end and there was no one around me at all, practically empty area and we scored. Boy did I hurt my hands sitting on them because I wanted to applaud. I was screaming inside though!!)

Wasn't that the idea ?, had nothing to do with Feyonoord fans in home stands, wasn't it just to make sure the sure wasn't overran with non ticket holders ?

So you transfer one queue to another place. Seems a lityle pointless to me. Asking people to queue up twice. Perhaps we should have another check on Ashton Road before people get to outside the ground. Then we won't have people in the second queue who shouldn't be there. Oh hang on a minute!

So you transfer one queue to another place. Seems a lityle pointless to me. Asking people to queue up twice. Perhaps we should have another check on Ashton Road before people get to outside the ground. Then we won't have people in the second queue who shouldn't be there. Oh hang on a minute!
No, this was a one off to stop fans with no tickets getting into city square, I presume to prevent an Arsenal Cologne situation.
In general though security checks would be much better being done at the perimeter as fans arrive it would be quicker than doing them at turnstiles and if done properly protect the crowds gathered in city square and waiting at the turnstiles where at the moment we are most vunerable to any attack.

No, this was a one off to stop fans with no tickets getting into city square, I presume to prevent an Arsenal Cologne situation.
In general though security checks would be much better being done at the perimeter as fans arrive it would be quicker than doing them at turnstiles and if done properly protect the crowds gathered in city square and waiting at the turnstiles where at the moment we are most vunerable to any attack.
Ok fair enough

As previously mentioned, there were quite a few Dutch fans also around me in 93:20. I’d been to the shop before the game so had a bag with me and that wasn’t looked at or checked by the Security guys with wands.

Don’t think the stewards wanted to get involved in removing the Dutch fans or that certainly appeared to be the case

I took my dutch fayenoord supporting boss last night, he's of chinese descent but got asked for ID at the gate..he shown them his dutch driving license and got waved through.

I took my dutch fayenoord supporting boss last night, he's of chinese descent but got asked for ID at the gate..he shown them his dutch driving license and got waved through.
Why wouldnt he it wasnt a barricade to keep Dutch people out, or people of chinese descent, just non ticket holders.

There was a short video clip on BBC of the policing of the Feyenoord fans yesterday. 425 officers on duty and cost the club £80,000. The GMP spokesman said that both Manchester clubs pay the full cost of policing which for both was in the region of £940,000 last season.

By comparison Arsenal paid £33,000. Do they not have police at their ground or if they do, get it mostly free?

Only 3 arrests yesterday which I guess for Feyenoord is pretty good.

There were no checks getting off the trams at city square, it was about 19.15 does any know if they were doing them earlier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.