Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kompany should play every other game. Plays V Huddersfield, West Ham, Rags & Spurs. Alternative for games against Southampton, Shaktar, Swansea & Leicester. That will take us up to the Xmas games when hopefully Stones will be back

Surely the other argument is that you play him more to build his match fitness up?
If he's fit he' available in essence for all games? I don't get the logic. We can't have a main centre back out and use another option sparingly when the other alternative is Mangala?
We need VK as much as possible in all games. Mangala cannot be trusted.

In my opinion, Kompany has to start when ever he can for his leadership qualities alone. OK he may have lost a bit of pace but given the choice between Kompany and Mangala?

Last edited:
In my opinion, Kompany has to start when ever he can for his leadership qualities alone. OK he may have lost a bit of pace but given the choice between Kompany and Mangala?

Has vinny really lost that much pace? Seems a bit of an easy stick to beat him with. Thought apart from his tackle on vardy he was very impressive last week. Him and otanendi - happy with that.

Has vinny really lost that much pace? Seems a bit of an easy stick to beat him with. Thought apart from his tackle on vardy he was very impressive last week. Him and otanendi - happy with that.

Everybody is losing their pace according to some on here. I think they only watch the slow mo replays.

And what happens when Kompany gets injured and then we're down to just Mangala and Otamendi with no alternatives? Kompany could go and play every game for 6 weeks until Stones is back and stay fit and healthy but lets be honest here, it's highly unlikely, we need to use him sparingly.

I think we'll be very comfortable with Mangala in there until we play a team that is capable of beating us, namely, Spurs and United. If Mangala plays against either of those, they'll force the ball to Mangala and hound him into a mistake. Tthe likes of Huddersfield,Southampton and West Ham aren't capable of doing that. Therefore, he shouldn't play for us again now until United, give him that game and Spurs then we can play him whenever knowing we'd cope if he was to get injured afterwards

Play our strongest XI that most posters have already named. Hopefully we'll get ourselves into a position where we can remove the likes of KDB and coast through the latter stages of the match. Actually, if we can afford to sub Kompany off early or he doesn't have to exert himself too much, i'd play him again against Southampton rather than West Ham. Mangala, for all his faults, is well suited to coming up against against Carroll or Ayew whereas the likes of Shane Long are more likely to expose his weakness on the ball if we're going to use him next week. Either way, with Southampton in no real form, also playing on the Sunday and having to travel to the Etihad, that's the game to sit one or two key players out rather than Huddersfield.

I'm sure everybody wants to see more of Foden and Brahim immediately but since Zinchenko can't play against Shakhtar, why not use him against Southampton. Fitness aside he looked okay against Wolves and given the opportunity in an otherwise strong back four, we might find he can offer a more naturally attacking left back option than Danilo, at least in home games we expect to dominate against teams struggling in the bottom half.

But Huddersfield have had some decent results at home so let's not take any chances just yet.

Ederson
Walker Vinny Nico Delph
Fernandinho KDB Silva
Sterling Kun/Jesus Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.