Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

I watched the recording when I got home last night. We was decent enough but the final ball/shot /pass was slightly off or good last ditch defending prevented the right ball getting through (knees, back of heads, arse cheeks preventing). Acceptable considering the missing personnel and match rustiness of the infil.

I'd expect a different performance and line-up in those circumstances so I'd be more surprised and disappointed in the performance but still would not class it as poor.

Again, it depends on how you want to define poor. I just don't think that a below average performance by City is necessarily a poor performance. City would have to be further below average than last night to be genuinely poor. I think it was Nev that expressed the view that we played some stuff last night that many teams can only dream of. We are just spoiled rotten at the moment.
Maybe I have an unconscious bias that is comparing us to our recent performances.

Not to mention that, by the time the team mate has the ball, Yaya has moved into a position to receive the next pass. I do wonder what some people watch.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Where Yaya is struggling more is on the defensive side but even then he made a few useful interventions. He's not going to cover the ground like Dinho though and I don't think Pep asks him to. I think Pep asks Yaya to do a certain job and he does it.

Job done. That’s more than enough. There’s always a danger of becoming spoilt when a team plays as we have this season. I was getting frustrated until I checked myself.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Where Yaya is struggling more is on the defensive side but even then he made a few useful interventions. He's not going to cover the ground like Dinho though and I don't think Pep asks him to. I think Pep asks Yaya to do a certain job and he does it.
I agree, Dhino is a very different player, and they shouldn't be compared, but inevitably some do.

Very lacklustre last night really. Lot of players on easy street. However it's been an outstanding start but Pep needs to guard them against complacency a little.

Watching Sterling's goal again today, he looks like he feigns to shoot or consciously decides to let the keeper advance a fraction more before shooting, then buries it. No way he'd have done that last year. Obviously doing a lot of coaching on his finishing. It was a fraction of a second subtlety but brilliantly executed. Apologies if this point has already been made, not read the whole thread

Its says it all about our season so far we beat the dutch champions 1 nil and its a case of "misfiring man city" long may our misfiring continue.

a win and changes and i think the players was taking it easy and saving something for the weekend but many things puzzled me last night and KDB and aguero sterling all starting was one of them ok we still need the win and topping the group is a big bonus in the first knockouts stages but really did we need to push our luck that much

also it was the first time this squad asked the question and mangala gundogan danilo yaya all shown that they need to do more and danilo was way off the pace last night yaya legs are not there anymore and when he plays the tempo is to slow in that role and mistakes are easy to come by and the pressing is not there and its sad in a way to watch him (yaya) in this team but he is still a legend in my book and big time player in his day mangala can not read the game at all and needs a strong player to play with and move him around the pitch in the right places some of his starting places are shocking when we are passing from the keeper????

gundogan has lost something in his game maybe the injury has done more mentally to his game and does not want to push on burst up field like he used to also does not put his foot and make a big tackle he needs a big tackle and just get up and go again and i think he will be ok and back to his game but he must feel like one bad tackle and he is out again

but you know what this is a special squad and team and when you can win when your not on your game and win when your rest some players sends out warning signals to the rest and must be a right nightmare for the others when manchester city turn up and knowing a 50% manchester city will beat you and your coming off the field and thinking how the hell do you beat this team we have given our best and still not good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.