Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the game on Sunday. The guys will be going all out for a win at another tricky opponent.

Another huge game. Huddersfield will be very tough to beat at their own ground. They were worthy winners against the rags. If we play to our full potential though then it could end up like when spurs played them.

No room for complacency, let’s get win 18.
I agree with this. They proved against the rags that they are more than capable of beating mid-table teams. I've watched quite a few of their games (because of Mooy) and they are very tricky opposition on their compact ground and their Manager is very astute. We need to get on top of them early and keep the pedal to the metal for the entire game. No easing up.

3-5-2
ederson
walker
danilo
oti
mangala
zinchenko
fernandinho
kdb
Silva
Sterling
Jesus
subs
bravo
kompany
delph
gundogen
aguero
foden
Sane

Feel that Delph needs a rest and can see that playing Zinc and Mangala on the left side of the defence weakens us but both Oti and Kompany struggled on the left side of 3 earlier in the season. Wanted to put Aguero and Jesus upfront but couldnt leave Sterling out.

Anyone know what the score is with pubs? At the FA Cup game last season the police were all over the station and were funnelling us all coming off the trains into a couple of the least desirable watering holes in the town. From what I could tell, they didn't even want us in that real ale pub at the station itself. Will it be different this time due to it being a league game and a smaller allocation? Not that I'm above drinking in places like that (unlike GDM) - but it would be nice to have a bit more variety to choose from.

Wasn’t so easy against them away in the cup last season was it? I think we can expect a tough game.
Well, no, but that was a very different team. Of the 15 who played in that match, six (Zabaleta, Sagna, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas and Nolito) have since left the club. A further two (Stones and Bravo) are almost certain not to start on Sunday, while a much-improved Delph will start in a new position and De Bruyne/Sane will also start this time instead of coming off the bench like they did last season. Our improvement since then is remarkable.

Regarding Kompany, if he is available over the next few weeks, the seemingly obvious way to use him is hudds, west ham, scum, spurs.... but we all know it wont work like that..

like it or not, mangala is certain to start a number of games over the next 6 weeks, so picking and choosing is what pep will have in mind. People should get behind mangala becuase we'll be seeing much more of him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.