Ashes 2017/18

Even day or just edged by England. This will be one good batting wicket tomorrow so we really need to be getting close or surpass 400.

Slight edge to the SD's but England will be content with that. Good that a couple of the inexperienced guys have got into some runs early. Malan Ali and JB need to drag us towards 400 tmw.

Be interesting how this pitch will be in the next few days personally I think it will become easier and not as much spin as lions getting now until the 5th day 400 is minimum for me.

You would think it would quicken up but this is not your typical Brisbane pitch. Usually this time of year it is absolutely scorching with the pitch being hard and bouncy. There is usually just a little shower in the late afternoon which keeps the life in the pitch. Not so this year as it seems it is damp under foot.

I had £20 @ 9/1 on a drawn series. I reckon the England players will be thinking they can do a lot better than that. There are no super players in this Aussie team as there were in years gone by. Yes the 3 quick may blast out our top order in the odd innings but there is enough in this England batting line up to overcome them, especially with all three being injury prone.

I remember the first day years ago at the Gabba when Steve Harmison bowled in a football pitch wide on his 1st delivery. He and the team looked nervous and it looked ominous from the off. I got the exact opposite feeling after watching last night.
It will be tough at times and we will need to dig in, 2-3 an over may be needed at times. Yet I think it will be enough as this Aussie team will come out trying to play 20-20 cricket in a test match. They will come unstuck if they do. This Aussie team is nothing to be afraid of.

Thought that was a good day's cricket, more or less even, maybe Australia marginally ahead considering England have a fairly long tail. First hour tomorrow with the new ball going to be very interesting. England dig in and I reckon they are going to be right in the game as the ball softens and the pitch maybe flattens out a bit. But, a couple of early wickets and it's going to be deep shit.

You would think it would quicken up but this is not your typical Brisbane pitch. Usually this time of year it is absolutely scorching with the pitch being hard and bouncy. There is usually just a little shower in the late afternoon which keeps the life in the pitch. Not so this year as it seems it is damp under foot.

I had £20 @ 9/1 on a drawn series. I reckon the England players will be thinking they can do a lot better than that. There are no super players in this Aussie team as there were in years gone by. Yes the 3 quick may blast out our top order in the odd innings but there is enough in this England batting line up to overcome them, especially with all three being injury prone.

I remember the first day years ago at the Gabba when Steve Harmison bowled in a football pitch wide on his 1st delivery. He and the team looked nervous and it looked ominous from the off. I got the exact opposite feeling after watching last night.
It will be tough at times and we will need to dig in, 2-3 an over may be needed at times. Yet I think it will be enough as this Aussie team will come out trying to play 20-20 cricket in a test match. They will come unstuck if they do. This Aussie team is nothing to be afraid of.

Good post and pitch wise with the weather 2nd day might be like the 1st day of the test. Looking at the weather draw is on the cards unless we get quick runs and bowl them out for a low score first innings.

the first test and same old england you just know england will fold tomorrow and be all out under 300 and then the aussies will bat for 2 days and roast our bowlers and get over 500 and the 2nd innings england will fall like a pack of cards

the batting order is a joke and cook should have not toured this winter england had 2 summers to sort out the batting order and did not do anything but change the captain and kept cook in the squad cook days are numbered and he is the weak link and puts the team under pressure know he is coming back in after a couple of min

this could be a 5.0 to them and only the fact they are not a good team holds court for me and england could win one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.