Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't watch the game but flicked on BT at half time for all the night's scores and some muppet said that it's all one way traffic and United should have been five up. Looked at the stats and they had had only three shots on target so not sure how they could have scored five unless of course shots off target now count as goals that should have been scored. If that is the case we beat Feynoord by 8 - 4...

Herrera was pathetic in the second half and my United mates are basically sick of him....and the same can be said for Mikhitaryan.

'Smalling
Dominant at the back - winning everything in the air. Always in control 7'

Comedy gold that article.

There's more, for people who don't wana go on the website.

'Herrera
Much to prove after an under-whelming campaign so far, but this was arguably his most accomplished display of the season.

Revelled in the movement in front of him, with a first half defence-splitting pass for Martial the highlight 8

Fellaini
An absolute nuisance to the Basel defence - literally could have had a hat-trick in the first half if his finishing had been slightly better 7

Pogba
Even on a relaid pitch, Jose Mourinho wanted the Frenchman dictating things despite only just returning from hamstring injury. A no-look pass to release Lukaku early on was sublime 7

Lingard
Alert and positive, always showing for the ball, he popped up right across the front line to stretch Basel until replaced by Rashford 6

From the other ridiculous article, this one by Samuel Lockhurst.

'Jose Mourinho could only stand and applaud. The game was goalless and not 20 minutes old but the presence of Paul Pogba is a reassuring sight for Manchester United and their manager marvelled at Pogba's effervescence as he deceived one of Basel's defenders right in front of him. Come Pogba's withdrawal in the 65th minute, some Basel supporters also put their hands together for the £89million midfielder.

I mean WTF? People believe this shit?

'Jose Mourinho could only stand and applaud. The game was goalless and not 20 minutes old but the presence of Paul Pogba is a reassuring sight for Manchester United and their manager marvelled at Pogba's effervescence as he deceived one of Basel's defenders right in front of him. Come Pogba's withdrawal in the 65th minute, some Basel supporters also put their hands together for the £89million midfielder.

Some of the more reasoned rags don't but the big percentage of brainwashed ones do. And thats all Lockhurst is targeting.

Its been said a million times mate, negative stories abt the rags will get nowhere near the amount of clicks as a positive one, even one thats been spinned as much as that one

Opposite with us. If we come unstuck pep will be hammered in the press. We win, its way down in the press columns.

Clicks. Thats all its abt.

I watched the whole of the first half & then switched off, as they were so fucking shite vs a team who were utter shite, I just couldn't waste any more time on it.

I was alerted to the fact that the utter shite were battering them, so turned it back on.

Somehow, I managed to miss the bit where Herrera revelled in the movement in front of him. Must have been just before I switched it back on, perhaps.

Watched most of the game while messing about on the PC.

I was surprised that the rags were supposedly dominating the game according to what the tv was telling me.

Basel had the first 10 mins followed by a few raggy chances, second half Basel realised they were shite and went for them more, as usual the referee was the rags 12th man. The changes PEG made unbalanced them even more and I wasn't too surprised when the late goal went in.

As for the performance marks hahaha.

The Mongolian desert car rally has just taken place. Only two teams entered, North Korea and the United States
The United States came first, so North Korea state radio broadcast that their team were heroic runners up, whilst laughing that the United States had finished next to last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.