Ashes 2017/18

hahahaha you lot are funny

am i the only one seeing england are crap in the opening batting order yes we have a good tail and can bowl swing but it never swings over there and bounce and spin is key like i said if you don't score 400 in the first innings after winning the toss and batting first its down hill
Cooks form is poor but the facts are we can't find one opening batsmen so to drop him and then need to find two would be lunacy. He also scored a shitload for Essex he's the best in the country by a mile.

Tomorrow morning will be a huge session in this test
England see off the new ball for no loss or maybe one at lunch and they're in pole position
The Aussies restrict England to 270 ish for seven or eight down and they're favourites

spot on matey

its not enough 197-4 with the winning of the toss and batting first you have to score quick and get the runs on the board to add the pressure yes we had a good partnership but it was hard scoring and we was 75 to 100 runs short on the first day and just settling for staying in does not really help and the morning opening overs will be just if not harder than the first day and the pitch is a drop in and will it hold up for 5 days i don't think so that's why getting 400 on the board wins you the game

Cooks form is poor but the facts are we can't find one opening batsmen so to drop him and then need to find two would be lunacy. He also scored a shitload for Essex he's the best in the country by a mile.

we have had a full winter and summer to build up somebody and give them time and 8 to 10 test to bed in but the ECB just kept cook in and picked 4 or 5 different partners that was given a couple of test and out of the team the ECB are to blame and the old farts are going to get some right shit this winter mark my words england have not got a chance

we have had a full winter and summer to build up somebody and give them time and 8 to 10 test to bed in but the ECB just kept cook in and picked 4 or 5 different partners that was given a couple of test and out of the team the ECB are to blame and the old farts are going to get some right shit this winter mark my words england have not got a chance
Off the top of my head Robson, Lyth, Jennings, Habeeb have all had a decent go at it and not done it so why drop someone who's got 30 test hundreds? The facts are none are good enough so you go round in circles. Same as the lads at 3 and 5 although hopefully Vince has sorted one position

Last edited:

Maybe they kept him in because he's broke just abt every test batting record for England, and currently in the top 11 ranked batsmsn in the world.

Off the top of my head Robson, Lyth, Jennings, Habeeb have all had a decent go at it and not done it so why drop someone who's got 30 test hundreds? The facts are none are good enough so you go round in circles. Same as the lads at 3 and 5 although hopefully Vince has sorted one position
I don't want to argue for dropping Cook but I don't think Hameed has been given anything like a decent go at it. 3 matches as test opener, averaged over 43, broke his thumb (I think) which meant he had to drop out of the rest of the tour and hasn't been given a sniff since.

Just checked out the up-to-date weather forecast and it’s pretty shitty for the next few days in Brisbane, lightning storms and heavy bursts of rain.

Get a decent total in the region of 350/400 and Jimmy could cause some serious trouble on a pitch with moisture knocking about.

I don't want to argue for dropping Cook but I don't think Hameed has been given anything like a decent go at it. 3 matches as test opener, averaged over 43, broke his thumb (I think) which meant he had to drop out of the rest of the tour and hasn't been given a sniff since.
Hasn’t his form since returning to county cricket been pretty abysmal though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.