General Videogame Thread

Trying my best to complete Zelda now.... got to the point of beginning to get bored now. Loved it for the first 20 hours the rest after that has been repetitive and pointless.

The shrines were good at first but now has become tedious so I left them alone, but now I'm forced to go to them so I can acquire more hearts to get links sword (which I'm hoping is unbreakable).... the armour is frustrating as you have to switch between armour depending on condition, so for example the heat proof armour is required for hot areas, but then because it's basic as fuck it has a shit defence rating unless you grind for parts to upgrade it.
Little things have just made me lose interest, but I don't want to stop playing it as I'll end up never going back to it, therefore never completing it, and I don't really want it to be added to a list of games I've played yet not completed.

I'd give Zelda a 7/10 and it's nowhere near my goty Persona 5.

Playing Mario as well and I'm by far more into that game and that deserves a 8.5/10, but not a 10/10 game.

Playing Nintendo games has made me realise how bias ratings can be, I can't fathom how both Zelda and Mario got a 10/10, but I suppose in the end it's all subjective.
Surprised by this mate. ;-)

Playing Nintendo games has made me realise how bias ratings can be, I can't fathom how both Zelda and Mario got a 10/10, but I suppose in the end it's all subjective.

Seems like you fathomed it pretty well to me. And can somebody show me what a non-biased review of something looks like? Isn't bias sort of implied?

Alternatively there's an international conspiracy amongst all reviewers of computer games to review fix certain titles that has been kept under wraps this whole time; despite the fact that most of these reviewers are publicity seeking jumped up bloggers who can't keep what they had for breakfast a secret.

I'm not even being a dick with the second one, that's actually what some people (read:idiots) believe.

Seems like you fathomed it pretty well to me. And can somebody show me what a non-biased review of something looks like? Isn't bias sort of implied?

Alternatively there's an international conspiracy amongst all reviewers of computer games to review fix certain titles that has been kept under wraps this whole time; despite the fact that most of these reviewers are publicity seeking jumped up bloggers who can't keep what they had for breakfast a secret.

I'm not even being a dick with the second one, that's actually what some people (read:idiots) believe.

In the bad old days of computer games journalism, when lunch was taken in the pub for a few hours, there were regular visits from games companies/ manufacturers asking for favourable reviews of the up and coming product which in return would get sole early access to the next title. Beer was definitely bought. Money might have changed hands as well. It happened. Nintendo were not the only one. They were all at it. Does it happen now?

Probably.

In the bad old days of computer games journalism, when lunch was taken in the pub for a few hours, there were regular visits from games companies/ manufacturers asking for favourable reviews of the up and coming product which in return would get sole early access to the next title. Beer was definitely bought. Money might have changed hands as well. It happened. Nintendo were not the only one. They were all at it. Does it happen now?

Probably.
I think Morrissey still does this with @Mad Eyed Screamer. ;0)

My problem with reviews these days is that we, as consumers, rely on a non bias look of a game, most games I've played I've ended up bumping into issues that haven't been broughr up in the reviews.
20 years ago we had demos, so we could determine from minimal game play it said game was for us... for some reason (most likely to boost sales) demos have become a thing of the past. You will see the odd demo float around, but very rarely you'll see a AAA title release a demo.

My problem with reviews these days is that we, as consumers, rely on a non bias look of a game, most games I've played I've ended up bumping into issues that haven't been broughr up in the reviews.
20 years ago we had demos, so we could determine from minimal game play it said game was for us... for some reason (most likely to boost sales) demos have become a thing of the past. You will see the odd demo float around, but very rarely you'll see a AAA title release a demo.
I was surprised you had bought a Switch after laying into Nintendo repeatedly in this very thread. You had a rant about reviews of Zelda as well. ;)
It was obvious from your starting point you’d arrive here.

My problem with reviews these days is that we, as consumers, rely on a non bias look of a game

Such a thing isn't possible. There's no such thing as a non-biased review; it's an oxymoron.

Any review is by its nature biased for or against something because people like certain things. A completely objective review would be boring as shit because it wouldn't actually tell you anything about the game outside of the system specs and there's probably an argument in there.

couple of things

how much can I get football manager for
just started playing witcher 3 , just up to the part where I killed the griffin,its the first main mission,but ive done a few side missions, and I lost most of the day yesterday :)

You're gonna love that game mate. I'd say it's the best RPG I've ever played. Make sure you get the DLC as they're essentially new games in itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.