Scoring Free Kicks.

GX Blue

Almost every game we get 1 or 2 free kicks on the edge of the opposing teams area.

Since Yaya is now a squad player and Kolarov has finally moved on we seem to be lacking a decent free kick taker.

De Bruyne would be the obvious pick but I can only think of his Barca free kick and the low one against Bournemouth that he scored last season. (Think it was Bournemouth anyway).

Silva seems to step up a lot, and lets face it, he's awful at them unless he's playing for Spain.

Sane seems to have a decent strike but doesn't get much of a look in.

I just think its an area where we could improve as we do get quite a few opportunity's but rarely take them.

Who would everyone prefer to see on free kick duty?

It should only be De Bruyne or Sané, depending on position. Silva needs to stay well away

Remember Kev sticking a couple in for Belgium. I don't like the Ronaldo way of striking the ball though, i think it gives a lot less control because the movement on the ball seems a lot more random. Prefer a good curling side foot effort.

I reckon Sane might be the best bet, he can get some serious whip and power on the ball.

Sterling - He wouldn't have a clue himself where it was going so the keeper would have no chance of guessing.

I don't like the Ronaldo way of striking the ball though, i think it gives a lot less control because the movement on the ball seems a lot more random.

His free-kick record really isn't that good. It looks spectacular when it does come off so people just assume he's good at them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.