Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

For all those complaining about Puma. You do realise the club have a massive say in the design of the kit. Puma will produce numerous designs and refine the winning design before the club goes with it. The club also show the design to selected groups of City fans and get their input. No sports company besides nike produces 1 design and forces it on to the club. The club also read and take not of social media and forums like this one for ideas and feedback.
Unfortunately producing a kit isn't easy. And it won't please everyone all the time. Bar the fantastic Umbro home shirt and away shirt.(white, with a red and black stripe) Which I've still got hung up in my wardrobe un-worn. :-)

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

Edited for accuracy

I know many will disagree, but as a periodic City kit buyer I like UnderArmour's stuff and was hoping for them next. That said, what's more important is that we got a new deal at a big number -- well done the club. For me and the additional rotund among us, perhaps the picturing ourselves in Puma will be the inspiration for a new healthful lifestyle . . . errrrrrrr . . . yeah, sure.
I thought Under Armour would be our choice to be honest but I’m glad we are leaving Nike. I’m not a fan of Adidas probably going back to the days at school surrounded by Utd fans wearing their kits. I’d rather we got someone who’d really prioritise us rather than one of a big portfolio.

I thought Under Armour would be our choice to be honest but I’m glad we are leaving Nike. I’m not a fan of Adidas probably going back to the days at school surrounded by Utd fans wearing their kits. I’d rather we got someone who’d really prioritise us rather than one of a big portfolio.
Think that’s a good point. With Nike we were just one of many high profile names and nowhere near their priority. Maybe with puma and the sums they are talking we will be a real major pull for them.

Meanwhile Bayern Munich held its annual general meeting. Uli Hoeness took the opportunity to make an appeal to UEFA for creating new and better FFP rules to enable Bayern to compete on equal terms. He complained that Bayern would be competing against states like Qatar and Abu Dhabi, and as soon as the Sheiks would increase their oil pumps clubs like PSG and City would have another 100 million to spend. My dislike for Bayern immediately became even stronger than it already is. Fuck them. I hope the Puma thing is correct as we would cooperating with the strongest German competitor of Adidas, who happens to own a part of Bayern Munich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.