Oumar Niasse charged by FA

stinks, Everton accept the charge even though Niasse denied it. Seems Everton will get more favours and in turn it's set a very dubious precedent now for them to go after the kind of justified penalties we've been getting. Now 3 people in a room can overrule the referee even if there's contact, which should be the line drawn on such decisions. Only dives like Rashford v Swansea last season should be being targeted, not ones where there's a bit of contact so therefore it becomes subjective.
Absolutely agree. Very dangerous precedent.

because to me at least, it's perfectly "normal contact" if you miss the ball going in for a tackle because you're a fraction late, to then clatter into the attacker. It's what you'd expect to happen in that scenario.

So on that basis, what's a penalty? I can see if Bernardo's v Burnley happened this weekend they'd ban him, that's the only reason they've set such a dubious precedent. We've actually started appealing properly and in unison for decisions this season, and this rule seems set up to stop that and allow refs to get away with not giving them to us because we'd be "exaggerating" if we appeal like Bernardo to draw the refs attention that there's been clear contact.

The problem for me is although it was minimal contact and he made the most of it, does this not given defenders like shawcross to play right on the limits of the rules knowing that if this is the precedent (similar to holding at corners beginning of last season) that forwards can no longer make the most of contact, When you have the likes of Shearer and Savage saying that they have the right to go down, it muddys the waters.
Why do they not have the same procedures for defenders, Shawcross should get a retrospective ban for the foul against Murray at Brighton. This could possibly clean up the penalty debates. What is the difference between Naisses minimal contact and Calvert Lewin, other than it being against City

Everything isn't done with the sole intention of "getting City". If they wanted to ban Bernardo they could have, or rather they could not have because pictures clearly showed his ankle wedged into the grass by the keeper's knee. This concept that contact means it's a penalty is flawed. It's a contact sport, contact does not make you fall to the floor when an flopping arm is put across your chest. It rarely makes you do it in the midfield areas so why the penalty area? It was a dive, he conned the referee and he has now paid the price.

The problem for me is although it was minimal contact and he made the most of it, does this not given defenders like shawcross to play right on the limits of the rules knowing that if this is the precedent (similar to holding at corners beginning of last season) that forwards can no longer make the most of contact, When you have the likes of Shearer and Savage saying that they have the right to go down, it muddys the waters.
Why do they not have the same procedures for defenders, Shawcross should get a retrospective ban for the foul against Murray at Brighton. This could possibly clean up the penalty debates. What is the difference between Naisses minimal contact and Calvert Lewin, other than it being against City
It’s a good point. We were told CL escaped punishment as it would only come in in cases with no contact at all.

I hate diving in football more than anything else so this has to be done,my only gripe is that it doesn't help the team that has been robbed of the points on the day,i would like VARS,it could have the safeguard that the club can appeal it once they have looked a it after the game,there will be cockups but i think it would be fairer than now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.