Huddersfield(A) Post Match Thread

They do now have the very dubious, and possibly not to be repeated, record of being the only team in the PL this season to score without having a shot on target

Though Stoke scored twice against us from one shot on target.

Short answer is no - but he is on 4 yellows so his next booking, presuming it comes before Christmas, will be a 1 game ban for the next game
A booking against saints will be good then...we don’t need him for West Ham but the Derby is important

Great day out. Hugely enjoyed the performance. No magic this time, just sheer grit and determination. Fantastic to see the way the players and fans celebrated in unison at the end. We will take some stopping. A lot of talk about Pep's brilliant tactical skills but what a team sprit he has created. He's a genius.

Bournemouth and Huddersfield away were two fantastic performances in the sense we may have not played the most swaggering of football, compared to other matches, but we showed our character and grit to still triumph. Both ingredients required in champions

I don't understand why people don't 'get' this.

Huddersfield have one of, if not 'the' worst set of players in the Prem, who can't live with us under normal circumstances.

A point v us, would be a fantastic result for them.

Chelsea are the champions & brought on an extra midfield player in place of their striker, to try & live with us.

As for them having no counter attacks, they were 1v1 with Kompany rescuing us on one occasion first half when Otta collapsed & another occasion Delph was caught out leaving the winger with a free run, only rescuing it with his toe, for a corner. They scored from a set piece, missed a chance from another & at the end, we were knocking the ball into the corner flag, which I suppose means we should be ashamed ?

They almost got what they planned for. We were too good.

The raggish criticism of the opposition belittles what a great victory it was against a very well organised, hard working (but unfortunately, cynical) team.
This argument about how Girona played against Real is a bit of a red herring IMO. I accept that teams in Spain don't tend to adopt the tactics Huddersfield did against us when they play their big teams. But let's have it right, the Girona result was an anomaly, that league tends to be Barca and Real absolutely twatting inferior teams week after week, season after season and that's why people around the world tend to watch the Prem rather than La Liga. Criticise united for the way they approach games against decent opposition, the team they have, the money they have spent, it is embarrassing to play like that but I cannot even imagine how ridiculous it must look to opposition fans, reading City fans criticising Huddersfield for trying to do pretty much the only thing they could do that would stop them getting a pasting. As for the time wasting, I absolutely hate it but I don't for one minute blame Huddersfield for doing it. Refs don't deal with it and the authorities won't make changes that would stop time wasting instantly, they are to blame for time wasting. Huddersfield would be mad to start hurrying the game up at 0-0 or 1-1.

This argument about how Girona played against Real is a bit of a red herring IMO. I accept that teams in Spain don't tend to adopt the tactics Huddersfield did against us when they play their big teams. But let's have it right, the Girona result was an anomaly, that league tends to be Barca and Real absolutely twatting inferior teams week after week, season after season and that's why people around the world tend to watch the Prem rather than La Liga. Criticise united for the way they approach games against decent opposition, the team they have, the money they have spent, it is embarrassing to play like that but I cannot even imagine how ridiculous it must look to opposition fans, reading City fans criticising Huddersfield for trying to do pretty much the only thing they could do that would stop them getting a pasting. As for the time wasting, I absolutely hate it but I don't for one minute blame Huddersfield for doing it. Refs don't deal with it and the authorities won't make changes that would stop time wasting instantly, they are to blame for time wasting. Huddersfield would be mad to start hurrying the game up at 0-0 or 1-1.

Lets just leave common sense and rational thinking out of it.

Our performance yesterday seems to have thrown many reporters and fans of other teams into complete disarray and for that reason may be our most significant victory so far.

We have played better by far in other games, notably at Stamford Bridge and in Naples, but on Sunday we did not play anywhere near our best, it was wet and windy, it was in the Pennines, it was against a team of giants who were going to relish a physical confrontation, who were going to make no bones about it and deploy eleven men to show that Yorkshire grit and no nonsense effort could do the same to Guardiola's ballet dancers as it had done to Mourinho's clog dancers. In the forty fifth minute, when Huddersfield got a typically English set piece (own) goal, without even the need for a shot on target, it seemed that City's, and Guardiola's, number was up. Rumbled. Found out. They don't like it up 'em. What a surprise then to find that grit, determination, physicality and simple hard running are not simply Yorkshire, or even English, characteristics but virtues which appear to flourish even in those parts of the world that seem to value skill and technique as well! It was even Huddersfield who had the luck - no shots, one goal even (Bravo never had that to contend with!).

Many reporters and fans of other clubs have had the grace to opine that City are blessed with all kinds of virtues and are simply a great team, but jealousy and bitterness have not disappeared completely by any means. Many reports have argued it was a lucky win. Sterling is still, of course, a diver. Only Sterling, of course, no one else in the PL! The penalty was dubious, like the one which sank Arsenal. Ramsey is not a diver and Arsene says so. Our winning goal was fortunate. Unlike Saturday's winner at the swamp. Only City have luck. A side which cost as much as City's should beat Huddersfield more comfortably than 2-1 - even though it seems to cost hundreds of millions to lose there by only 2-1! And the best one - in the comments on the Guardian article on City's grit - is that Guardiola's teams have always been able to keep up the high energy pressing and running only because the manager dopes them rather than trains them. Life's tough at the moment for some non-City supporters.

Up the Blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.