Huddersfield(A) Post Match Thread

No people who claimed to be to the game. People write nonsensical rubbish over twitter to seek attention.

Wanting them relegated for having a victim mentality is equally bizarre unless you have never read any posts on this forum before. Just the nature of football fans.

I don't think they have enough fans to claim they was at the games if they wasn't. If you watched the game with the sound off and avoided the internet since then fair enough. Unless you attended and you are also deaf.

Was at the match yesterday and must say that I never really noticed the clapper thingies their fans allegedly had! I did however notice one of their players being so tired that he needed a piggy back from one of ours!! The ref was within seeing distance, the linesman was about 15 yards from them and yet neither took any notice!! Very strange incident. Although I suppose their tactics of not really playing football but more playing tig by pulling our players shirts and arms is much more effective for a team parking the bus!!

Loved our response to the 'where were you when you were ****' song 'scoring 10 when we were ****' ....................... sorry if that has already been commented on, haven't got time to read through 73 pages. :-)

Must admit that their fans were ok outside the ground though. One said to me 'just win the league now don't let us down'. No aggro just down to earth Northern fans as far as I could see.

Supporters of small town clubs generally pick one of the top 6 to support as well as their local team.

However any time I've come across them, they always say 'I'm a ManUre fan, but Darlington/Huddersfield/Accrington etc, are my local team'.

About 20 years ago, I used to work with a fella who originally came from Scarbrough, & that was the first time I heard about 'I support 'whichever top 4 team', but my local club is 'whoever'.

Fuckin weird if you ask me...

While still living in Cornwall, one of my mates couldn't understand why, when City were playing Plymouth, I'd support City over Argyle.

Just had a peek at their main forum (they only have one) and to be fair you can lift the comments from any newly promoted teams comments when they play us, it's like City bingo, classless, Arab money, Soulless it's all there, spattered with how they are so proud to have stood up to us, it's all there

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/board/6/talk-town

The truth is they are going to get relegated, and then bounce around between the leagues before sinking like a stone, seen and heard it all before

If you look at in their eyes, they had beat the rags at home a couple of weeks ago but then got tonked off Bournemouth. We are the big juggernaut and I remember the days when we would be ecstatic about that type of performance against the big boys. It also gives us rehearsal for the rags.

Was at the match yesterday and must say that I never really noticed the clapper thingies their fans allegedly had! I did however notice one of their players being so tired that he needed a piggy back from one of ours!! The ref was within seeing distance, the linesman was about 15 yards from them and yet neither took any notice!! Very strange incident. Although I suppose their tactics of not really playing football but more playing tig by pulling our players shirts and arms is much more effective for a team parking the bus!!

Loved our response to the 'where were you when you were ****' song 'scoring 10 when we were ****' ....................... sorry if that has already been commented on, haven't got time to read through 73 pages. :-)

Must admit that their fans were ok outside the ground though. One said to me 'just win the league now don't let us down'. No aggro just down to earth Northern fans as far as I could see.

It's the WagnerianKloppite version of man-to-man marking! Just watch it take off! It will be hailed as the new never-before-seen tactic!

Our performance yesterday seems to have thrown many reporters and fans of other teams into complete disarray and for that reason may be our most significant victory so far.

We have played better by far in other games, notably at Stamford Bridge and in Naples, but on Sunday we did not play anywhere near our best, it was wet and windy, it was in the Pennines, it was against a team of giants who were going to relish a physical confrontation, who were going to make no bones about it and deploy eleven men to show that Yorkshire grit and no nonsense effort could do the same to Guardiola's ballet dancers as it had done to Mourinho's clog dancers. In the forty fifth minute, when Huddersfield got a typically English set piece (own) goal, without even the need for a shot on target, it seemed that City's, and Guardiola's, number was up. Rumbled. Found out. They don't like it up 'em. What a surprise then to find that grit, determination, physicality and simple hard running are not simply Yorkshire, or even English, characteristics but virtues which appear to flourish even in those parts of the world that seem to value skill and technique as well! It was even Huddersfield who had the luck - no shots, one goal even (Bravo never had that to contend with!).

Many reporters and fans of other clubs have had the grace to opine that City are blessed with all kinds of virtues and are simply a great team, but jealousy and bitterness have not disappeared completely by any means. Many reports have argued it was a lucky win. Sterling is still, of course, a diver. Only Sterling, of course, no one else in the PL! The penalty was dubious, like the one which sank Arsenal. Ramsey is not a diver and Arsene says so. Our winning goal was fortunate. Unlike Saturday's winner at the swamp. Only City have luck. A side which cost as much as City's should beat Huddersfield more comfortably than 2-1 - even though it seems to cost hundreds of millions to lose there by only 2-1! And the best one - in the comments on the Guardian article on City's grit - is that Guardiola's teams have always been able to keep up the high energy pressing and running only because the manager dopes them rather than trains them. Life's tough at the moment for some non-City supporters.

Up the Blues!
Poetry :-)

This argument about how Girona played against Real is a bit of a red herring IMO. I accept that teams in Spain don't tend to adopt the tactics Huddersfield did against us when they play their big teams. But let's have it right, the Girona result was an anomaly, that league tends to be Barca and Real absolutely twatting inferior teams week after week, season after season and that's why people around the world tend to watch the Prem rather than La Liga. Criticise united for the way they approach games against decent opposition, the team they have, the money they have spent, it is embarrassing to play like that but I cannot even imagine how ridiculous it must look to opposition fans, reading City fans criticising Huddersfield for trying to do pretty much the only thing they could do that would stop them getting a pasting. As for the time wasting, I absolutely hate it but I don't for one minute blame Huddersfield for doing it. Refs don't deal with it and the authorities won't make changes that would stop time wasting instantly, they are to blame for time wasting. Huddersfield would be mad to start hurrying the game up at 0-0 or 1-1.

There should be a timekeeper adjudicating how much time each team deliberately 'wastes' & if they are losing at the end, that time doesn't get added on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.