Bus Parking...

There will be times when we should go 3 at the back and put the extra person into the midfield, but to do this it needs to be the right person in midfield. It is critical that they have good close control and can keep recycling possession. In my opinion this would suit Bernardo down the the ground.

Something like

-------------------Edrerson-------------------
-----Walker-----Kompany--------Otto------
--------------------Ferny----------------------
-----Bernardo-----KDB--------Silva---------
Sterling----------Jesus-----------------Sane

Hasn't he lost a yard of pace though?

Perhaps but I don't believe that's too much of an issue in regards working through a parked bus. Just my opinion but I reckon players that can take on and beat defender/defenders from a standing start are a must, run directly at them and cause panic.

There are several contentions in BlueAnorak's post with which I disagree. Firstly, it is hardly a masterclass to concede twice in a game in which you don't manage a single shot on target. I would stress that bus parking to the extent Huddersfield tried will, in 99 cases out of a hundred, not even permit one error and often the bus parkers are left to rely on poor finishing. Huddersfield got an act of wretchedly unlucky generosity from us but even that was not enough to salvage a point. The second point I would make is that the claim that there was never any space for balls to be played behind the defensive line for Sterling and Sane to run on and skin the defence for pace." We certainly never saw Sane or Sterling challenged to a footrace over 50 yards but I think Sterling in particular "skinned the defence for pace" but over short distances and in very small spaces. The penalty we should have had but didn't get was the result of a ball played behind the defensive line, as was the penalty we did get - the ball was played through by (the ineffective?) David Silva and Sterling was leaving his marker for dead. I also add that Leroy certainly used his pace to get behind the defence in the first half but KdB failed to control his pass inside Sergio Aguero was played through their back line twice in the first half, by Silva on both occasions but on one he shot straight at the keeper and on the other miscontrolled, allowing a block on the shot. We would have expected him to take both chances. So I don't think parking the bus gives any greater guarantee of success than any other. In fact I'd question whether allowing City to play in the final third for almost the whole 90 minutes is that good an idea at all. However you decide to tackle the game you're reduced to hoping that for 90 minutes you don't make many mistakes and City do. I think the most difficult game of our season so far was at Bournmouth where they ran and harried and tried to score goals, but they couldn't keep it up at the required standard for long enough.

Perhaps but I don't believe that's too much of an issue in regards working through a parked bus. Just my opinion but I reckon players that can take on and beat defender/defenders from a standing start are a must, run directly at them and cause panic.

Like people have said they parked the bus at the weekend, which I haven't got a problem with as we had nearly 80% of the ball all game and this must be so mentally and physically tiring. Its when we play a Pullis/rugby team that are constantly fouling. Now I know you get nil points for a win but 2-1 against City looks so much better than 7-2. Feel the difference between Sunday and the Stoke game was when Stoke got it back to 3-2 they tried to play football and we then smashed them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.