Forgotten Clubs

Roy Clarke made his debut v Newport on June 14, 1947, in the old Div.Two. City won 5-1 and the late George Smith scored all five. Yes, Newport were in Division Two.
Earlier that season they had lost 13-0 at Newcastle, Len Shackleton scoring six on his debut.

I was just going to mention York.

Mrs Vienna's daughter and family live there, so we tend to keep an eye on their results.

I've just gone to the University of York. Haven't caught a game there as of yet.

Went to St John's university which is a stones throw away and used to go regularly. Got a lot of York supporting mates and watched them against my home team Lincoln a lot. Generally like them and want them to do well but they can fucking rot whilst they have Jon Parkin, Sean Newton and various other thugs plying their trade in their colours. They were a disgusting team to play against and watch last season and I laughed when they went down.

Halifax sprung to my mind on this thread.

Reactions: dom
Carlisle United - can remember being involved in a house clearance some years back and in a chest of drawers was a sheet of old newspaper dating from about 1973.
It showed the old Division 1 league table and i was pleasantly shocked to see them near the top of the table. :)

Always worth reminding folk of the tremendous history of a unique amateur club who still play their football in Scotland, in Glasgow, in the National Stadium of Hampden Park. That club have played in the ENGLISH FA Cup Final twice. Shame they aren't better supported with average home crowds of 3 to 5 HUNDRED only. Queen's Park F.C. The Spiders.

The Wanderers
5 times FA Cup Winners

I often get a replica retro shirt from TOFFS as a Fathers Day pressie from the kids

Quite a few years ago now I unwrapped a shirt that had amber, black and pink hoops. Turns out it was a replica Wanderers kit from the 1880s or something.

It looks like they no longer stock the kit in their range, but I still wear mine from time to time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.