Bus Parking...

We will come up against this most games now, everyone is well aware we aren’t much of a threat when we go wide as crosses are easy to deal with due to our lack of height.

High crosses yes, but we've been lethal with low ones ;-)

High crosses yes, but we've been lethal with low ones ;-)

Hardly new though is it. Even teams we have battered ( Palace comes to mind) set up parking the bus. It's all about when we get that first goal. Even today after we were one up we could have had 3 more before the scored. Our clinical finishing has deserted us for the time being

Can't agree with most of the posts on here. It is frustrating to watch...but I can remember getting nil nils away at Chelsea and United under Keegan where we barely left our half. Didn't we cheer them as great away performances? I was also at Stamford Bridge when we got pumped 6-0 under Seen when he went out to give them a game.

Taking your team away to the best attacking team in the country and attempting to go toe to toe with them is the epitome of foolishness. The opponents job isn't to roll over for us, it is to fight for points for their club and fans. Southampton nearly did that - fair play.

I don't think the majority of people are criticising the way Southampton set up to get a point. It's the blatant cheating thats annoying people. The ref is to blame mostly for that. Should of booked the keeper I'm first 5 min.

Hardly new though is it. Even teams we have battered ( Palace comes to mind) set up parking the bus. It's all about when we get that first goal. Even today after we were one up we could have had 3 more before the scored. Our clinical finishing has deserted us for the time being

In the sense we aren't scoring 4 or 5 every match, maybe, but im honestly happy to be playing teams who park the bus if that all what they wanna do. As for our finishing,
I'd still back us to score most games, if only because statistically with the balls down in that area of the pitch it's highly likely something will give be it a deflected shot, a trip, a lack of concentration. It also limits opponents chances to score against us.
Basically, if most of our wins are going to now come by the odd goal,
Instead of by 4, I think I can still handle that ;-)

Plenty will do it. Don't necessarily have an issue with a disciplined defensive team who's only hope is a point.

What I do have an issue with is time wasting and gamesmanship. There were 5 added minutes but it should have been more.

It disrupts out flow and never let's us get a rythm and whilst I understand the idea, I think the line has to be drawn somewhere.

We were not at our fluent best and the gamesmanship they employed was the reason why.

Plenty will do it. Don't necessarily have an issue with a disciplined defensive team who's only hope is a point.

What I do have an issue with is time wasting and gamesmanship. There were 5 added minutes but it should have been more.

It disrupts out flow and never let's us get a rythm and whilst I understand the idea, I think the line has to be drawn somewhere.

We were not at our fluent best and the gamesmanship they employed was the reason why.

The clock should be up on the big screen and it should stop every time the ball goes out of play.

The irony was Saints time wasting cost them the game , aint pay back a woman
Better still, if that clown of a referee had actually added on the right amount of wasted time, they might have had 5 more minutes to equalise. Having disallowed the equaliser in the 4th minute, did he go down on his knees when we scored again, he f**king should have, the cheating twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.