Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a run of games. Those silly lunges are all down to match sharpness. let's hope he can stay fit

A few overreactions in this thread after the game, saying he is finished. I have rewatched his last two games. Vs Leicester he was fine apart from the tackle on Vardy. Yesterday wasnt a great performance, but isnt he allowed to have an off game having played brilliant in almost every game the last 7 years? And this myth that he is a poor passer is nothing but that, a myth. Obviously Stones is our best ball playing CB, but Vinnys passing is really underestimated among some of our fans.

Last edited:
A few overreactions in this thread after the game, saying he is finished. I have rewatched his last two games. Vs Leicester he was fine apart from the tackle on Vardy. Yesterday wasnt a great performance, but isnt he allowed to have an off game having played brilliant in almost every game the last 7 years? And this myth that he is a poor passer is nothing but that, a myth. Obviously Stones is our best ball playing CB, but Vinnys passing is really underestimated among some of our fans.

well his passing gave me heart failure last night....how many times was he so so close to getting it intercepted in key areas. You cant keep doing that and not get picked off sooner or later.

We probably won't see the good old Kompany ever again. So many injuries just have to cause some consequences. He is still capable to do the job in some games but for me Stones and otamendi should always be the first choice.

well his passing gave me heart failure last night....how many times was he so so close to getting it intercepted in key areas. You cant keep doing that and not get picked off sooner or later.

His passing was poor yesterday, but that doesent mean he is always poor in the build up. Actually, i thought the whole teams passing was poor. I do agree that at the moment, Stones and Otamendi is our best partnership, and Vinny has got to fight to prove he deserves to start ahead of Nico when Stones returns.

Last edited:
M.E.N reporting he could miss the game at weekend? Hope we buy a CB in Jan....for different reasons we cant account on Kompany or Mangala to do a job for us!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/man-city-vincent-kompany-united-14004630

But Pep Guardiola was forced to deploy Fernandinho in the middle of a back three when Kompany felt discomfort ahead of the 2-1 Champions League defeat.

"Kompany didn't feel good," said Guardiola. "I wanted to make him play, but he didn't feel good so it was an opportunity for the others play. "

It's worrying that he couldn't play, but probably even more worrying that Pep wanted him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.