Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing he has really been missing from his game this season strikes like that. Fantastically taken goal, great composure and technique.

There's no denying the lads progress. When he first signed he wasn't as good as Jordan Ibe then, when the dippers realised Ibe was shite, he wasn't as good as Divock Origi, now Origi is on loan because he's shite too, Sterling is suddenly not as good as Mo Salah. At least Salah is a good player, in fact, he's nearly as good as Sterling!

yeah, but Rooney kicked the ball into an empty net from halfway, and it bounced. Clearly the super-duper uber goal whilst that ex-Liverpool money whore scored a "curling effort" after the whistle should have blown.

So just for a laugh, my candlepool mate said last night that Raheem would not get in the Liverpool team and all of their forwards are better than him.

bwahahaha! I told him to go to bed as he must be either pi55ed or very tired and hung over

You know what he is due? A big performance against a title rival.

The rags must be shitting the thought of facing him and Sane :-)

What was different about the winner tonight was that it wasn't just him being in the right place at the right time and getting the finish right. This was him grabbing the game by the neck and doing something special.

That's a mark of how much more confident he is. I've said in the past his issue is composure but to finish like that, right at the death speaks volumes.
Absolutely. He could have made a yard of space and dinked in a cross hoping someone else got on the end of it. But no. He made the space, shifted the ball to make a shot. Confidence in his own ability to make it.

Suspect Pep saying "zero chance" in a swap for Sanchez made him feel ten feet tall.

Wonder who Moaninho is lining up to clog him off the pitch at OT. Happened with GPC and SWP a few years ago. Seven players fouled him in turn to stop him. Hopefully Pep will plant that in the press conferences and get it in the ref's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.