'City - the jacket' - ?

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
not sure where to post this, but would like to hear from anyone who's had a look at - or who owns one of these please:

http://shop.mancity.com/stores/manc...ster-city-terrace-3-in-1-jacket---navy/206028

since I'm now back in the USA I can't pop down the store to see it, and have no idea what this '3-in-1' is all about or what the quality is like (albeit people's opinions are subjective) so thought I'd post this up on BM & see what cat drags in...

(because what's up on the website is bloody useless - and I don't fancy guessing what their description is all about, actually the description is hopeless when I see what other websites advertising '3-in-1' jackets say about them)

I’ve not got the jacket but 3 in 1 usually means that there are a couple of “layers” in the jacket that can be worn individually or altogether. Pretty decent price for that too!

thank you TC; I was disappointed the MCFC website doesn't offer a little more detail like this (from Patagonia) but then we're not in the fashion business and I guess I shouldn't expect too much, but at least a few more photos would have been useful if there are additional layers/garments to this ensemble:

http://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-tres-3-in-1-parka/28387.html

Don't think it is a typical 3 in 1 as in fleece, down, hooded shell. Sounds more like a basic flimsy polyester jacket and the 3 in 1 simply refers to the amazing features of fleeced pockets, fleeced hood and a stylised logo. Personally think you could get more bang for your buck if you're looking for practicality over City themed clothing. Wasn't there somebody on here selling a jacket for £15 that included a duvet cover? Might want to give him a go.

My advice is to buy a proper 3 in 1 dark blue jacket and put your own city badge on , cheaper and better quality

Only funny if you didn't want a jizz stained duvet.

that's right, he had the added protein content - I'm not looking for anything collectible here, I'm only in the market for something new..

.. ah, I was in that duvet thread (metaphorically from the online standpoint - not a literal one I should add) and it was amazing; I wonder whatever did happen to the OP in that?

----

- and on the subject of quality, I still have a couple of pairs of UMBRO City socks from when I was a teenager and Brian Kidd was playing for us, and they're still wearable! (they look just like they did when they were new, albeit a slightly lighter paler shade of blue, and they've had the **** worn out of them) and yet you compare them to a pair of newer UMBRO City socks I have from our league championship winning season and they've already got holes coming through the heels; I mean, what gives???? (and I've hardly worn the modern pair at all, but the original sets I've given more than three decades use out of are still as good as they were originally - except for the pair I tried to dry out on my mother's light bulb back in the day... they melted, ehehe)

so much stuff these days isn't made the way it used to be, and I suspect that's probably purposefully (not that they need to with football socks because they're changing the colours every sodding season) - and it's even the bloody chocolate bars, I could swear Yorkie is now smaller, and a host of other stuff is 'sub-standard' and shrinking in size... "oh when I was a lad.. and I lived in a shoebox..."

;o)

- and is there anyone on here who's seen this jacket in the City shop, or who'll admit to having one? Maybe it's a pretty decent functional item?

I'm most often found in and around Chicago, so we have it pretty hot and pretty cold; which was what I was thinking about when I saw this '3-in-1' description, although I have my ski jacket (which is so warm I cannot walk around with it buttoned up even in - 10 C temperatures) and an old football type (not branded with any team) shell rain-jacket.

come on you fuckers, this City sale ends on the 3rd, can anyone give me some 'hard' evidence?

Last edited:
My advice is to buy a proper 3 in 1 dark blue jacket and put your own city badge on , cheaper and better quality
Do this, REI was having a good special on 3 in 1 jackets, if you check the REI "garage" the prices are even better. Purchased three 3 in 1's made by Columbia for a great price with the extra 20% off they were offering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.