More trams

The problem is this going back to town all available transport use the same road.

The thousands of fans who walk back to town use the road

The buses taking fans to town use the same road as the fans walking into town

Then the trams going back to town/altrincham use the same roads that the buses use and the fans walking use

The cars going that way use the same road as the fans walking, the buses and the trams

I wonder why it’s slow?

This a good point, one way in and out for all. In terms of the tram im surprised they didnt just extend the tunnel out of Piccadilly all the way to Holt town.

Honestly I think a lot of them now just do it by habit and its nothing to do with the traffic etc.

No matter what day, what time. or how the game is going, from 75minutes onwards people start leaving, and its a domino effect once the first person goes they all start to do it.

Its a shame these people are missing out on goals but its their choice leave them to it.

Honestly I think a lot of them now just do it by habit and its nothing to do with the traffic etc.

No matter what day, what time. or how the game is going, from 75minutes onwards people start leaving, and its a domino effect once the first person goes they all start to do it.

Its a shame these people are missing out on goals but its their choice leave them to it.
Yes . a bit like at a shit party. Who dares to make the first move to leave then results in a stampede.
The worst thing is those that stand up to leave and then take ages saying their goodbyes to all around them.

The tram issue going home is an issue.

I queued up after the game a few years ago and knew then I wouldn't be doing it again.

30 minutes to an hour queuing in the freezing cold isn't for me so now I just walk into town - usually to Deansgate as the trams incoming from the Etihad are still massively crammed by the time I reach Piccadilly Gardens or St Peters Square - which takes me about half an hour/ 40 minutes to do so.

At least with me walking I warm up, but either way the tram situation needs improving I feel.

I don't agree with the club helping to pay for extra transport on match days . The problem lies with the people and way it's run. The metro station ok , but it's not enough. There's a rail line that runs to the west of the stadium, why not have a match day station on that ? Also why do all the match buses run in to Manchester, the old match buses at Maine Road went all over Manchester and surrounding towns.

Sadly the trams journeys are always going to be a nightmare due to packing as much folk on as possible.
This will happen no matter how many trams run.
If there was an accident,health and safety would have a field day.

Metrolink is still an abysmal service not fit for purpose.

I stayed til the end in the south stand, from leaving my standing position (I'm in 115) to getting home, took me just under 5 hours 30 minutes.

Was great bumping into Saints fans at the services on the way home though ;o)
Well done,especially for a mid weeker, I've always thought though the greater the distances we travel the less difference 1/2 an hour saved by leaving early makes. Just the 3 1/2 hours for me. It always seems to me the locals and those that go every week are the ones leaving early, can tell because they usually stand in the way saying their good byes. I assume you aren't an every game regular, if you are even better done..
As for transport and parking I would guess it will form part of the campus consultation going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.