The Added Time Debate

He actually added about 3 minutes less than he should the cheating tosser/

Anyway has there been any comment on why the other goal was disallowed ? I know it was given as a "foul" on the keeper, but having seen the replay, I'm not sure that it wasn't a foul on Fernandhino, it was a dodgy decision.

I then waited for him to find a reason to disallow Sterling's winner, but like on Sunday at Huddersfield, 2 similar decisions in a minute definitely looks bent, so no great surprise he had no choice to give it.

It was a wonder he didn't sink to his knee's when Sterling scored like their players did.
That was not a foul . Fucking giant keeper went down like a little girl.

I didnt think the disallowed goal was a foul by Ferna either.
The ball was in the air to be won he got up first having used his arms for momentum and Forsters movement was into Ferna banging arms. No foul in my book when you can watch CH's block, pull, shove and grapple players with no sanction.

I didnt think the disallowed goal was a foul by Ferna either.
The ball was in the air to be won he got up first having used his arms for momentum and Forsters movement was into Ferna banging arms. No foul in my book when you can watch CH's block, pull, shove and grapple players with no sanction.
If that level of contact is a foul then you'd have to officially make football a non contact sport. It was a terrible decision.

My view was that if there was a foul it was by the 'keeper on Ferna, but, in the event, it did allow Raheem to get a good sighted for that top corner! I wouldn't mind a replay though to check on the challenge.

As far as the added time, I've never been to or seen a game where tha ref ha added on the right time. On Wednesday he didn't add anywhere near enough but S'oton paid for their time wasting because we scored and he ended the game as soon as they restarted.

Last edited:
Our groundsmen used to win awards but the current bunch should be sacked imo. Opposition keepers are clearly struggling to find a decent spot to take a goal kick from.

For the record. Raz let fly on the edge of the box at 94:56. Ball was in the back of the net at 94:57.

No added time given or needed.
This again is false. Tax got the ball back at 95.01 ball left his boot at 95.02 and nestled in the back of the net at 95.03... No need to lie about anything. This doesn't delegitinize the goal.

It was within the allotted time and almost no ref will or should blow the whistle at that point.

Second, the disallowed goal was a air and correct call. Foul on Dihno.

3rd, contrary to most of the opinion here, there really wasn't much time wasting at all. This is another tribe mentality fallacy.

Sure, they weren't in any hurry, but they weren't particularly wasting any time. The injury was a legitimate injury, for fuck sake the player ( perhaps their staunchest defender) was taken off. So clearly it was real.

Calling that time wasting is the equivalent of Pool fans calling the red on Mane acting by Ederson. Its an uncomfortable disregard for the opponent that I just find unfortunate.

And for what its worth, the whole injury from stop to substitution took a minute and 38 seconds. Hardly excessive for someone being walked off after injury.

6 substitutions, with a 1.6 minute stoppage made 5 minutes perfectly appropriate. Sterling scoring at 5.02 also was perfectly within the right time margin.

The hysteria from the media that too much time was added and the pretense by City fans that there was some unusual amount if time wasting are both silly and incorrect.

If that level of contact is a foul then you'd have to officially make football a non contact sport. It was a terrible decision.
It wasn't about the level of contact. It was about who was getting contacted and where.
Who?: the goalie
Where? In the box.

Keepers are strongly protected here. Including ours. This is not some unknown rule.

As to what happened:
Dihno's jump In an attempt to attack the ball .
He is moving forward and clearly unable to reach the ball.
He's outstretched arm then obstructs the goalies arm and ability to attempt a catch on the cross.

This is a simple and clear foul.

This again is false. Tax got the ball back at 95.01 ball left his boot at 95.02 and nestled in the back of the net at 95.03... No need to lie about anything. This doesn't delegitinize the goal.

It was within the allotted time and almost no ref will or should blow the whistle at that point.

Second, the disallowed goal was a air and correct call. Foul on Dihno.

3rd, contrary to most of the opinion here, there really wasn't much time wasting at all. This is another tribe mentality fallacy.

Sure, they weren't in any hurry, but they weren't particularly wasting any time. The injury was a legitimate injury, for fuck sake the player ( perhaps their staunchest defender) was taken off. So clearly it was real.

Calling that time wasting is the equivalent of Pool fans calling the red on Mane acting by Ederson. Its an uncomfortable disregard for the opponent that I just find unfortunate.

And for what its worth, the whole injury from stop to substitution took a minute and 38 seconds. Hardly excessive for someone being walked off after injury.

6 substitutions, with a 1.6 minute stoppage made 5 minutes perfectly appropriate. Sterling scoring at 5.02 also was perfectly within the right time margin.

The hysteria from the media that too much time was added and the pretense by City fans that there was some unusual amount if time wasting are both silly and incorrect.

Eh? There was shitloads of time wasting, from the first whistle too. It was clear from the outset what they were gonna do.

It did amuse when, not long after we'd gone 1 up and Forster now had a bit of urgency, Saints had a goal kick and the ballboy took his time getting the ball and then slowly rolled it about half way back to Forster. Clever kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.