Wrong item delivered dilemma

On the headphones though... they kept you waiting and later sent you the wrong ones. And now you'e wondering if you should go out of your way to send them back and wait even longer for the others to be sent out to you? It's a no-brainer to me.
If you didn't know that these ones were much more expensive would it be a problem? If they sent the wrong colour but you just kept them anyway because you didn't want to wait even longer would it be a problem? If you want them ones, keep them. If you want the original ones, send them back.
He ordered headphones and got a speaker so it's not really like for like. Obviously the right thing to do is contact them and tell them they've sent the wrong product, which I think he already has done. After that, it's up to them to sort it out; he shouldn't have to do anything other than answer his front door at a time that suits him.

Whoa, hardly makes people "thieving cunts" if they receive the wrong item because of a

The "thieving cunts" are the people saying he should keep them, not the OP.

Hahaha, agree with this.
On the headphones though... they kept you waiting and later sent you the wrong ones. And now you'e wondering if you should go out of your way to send them back and wait even longer for the others to be sent out to you? It's a no-brainer to me.
If you didn't know that these ones were much more expensive would it be a problem? If they sent the wrong colour but you just kept them anyway because you didn't want to wait even longer would it be a problem? If you want them ones, keep them. If you want the original ones, send them back. But it's up to you, ignore these posters saying that it's stealing and even going as far as calling people "thieving cunts". It's the companies incompetence. I sell on eBay and if I cock up I send the buyer a message politely asking if they'll return the item at my expense. If they don't I kick myself for being a daft twat but accept the fact that it's my own fault.

He ordered a pair of £180 headphones and received a £650 Bluetooth speaker system. Completely the wrong item.

This is clearly a mistake on the part of the company that sold rhem, or their courier. No-one could argue otherwise.

Apart from being morally wrong to keep it, the law is very very clear - I quoted it above. Keeping something you received by mistake IS stealing. That's not a matter of opinion, it is simply a statement of fact.

Anyone keeping the goods in these circumstances is a thief.

He ordered a pair of £180 headphones and received a £650 Bluetooth speaker system. Completely the wrong item.

This is clearly a mistake on the part of the company that sold rhem, or their courier. No-one could argue otherwise.

Apart from being morally wrong to keep it, the law is very very clear - I quoted it above. Keeping something you received by mistake IS stealing. That's not a matter of opinion, it is simply a statement of fact.

Just caught up with this thread and you are 100% correct.

He ordered headphones and got a speaker so it's not really like for like. Obviously the right thing to do is contact them and tell them they've sent the wrong product, which I think he already has done. After that, it's up to them to sort it out; he shouldn't have to do anything other than answer his front door at a time that suits him.
Oh, I thought he' received different headphones. So he ordered headphones and they sent a set of speakers!!?? Well if they'e that fuckin stupid definitely keep them. If they want them back it's up to them to apologise and ask you for them back.

Oh, I thought he' received different headphones. So he ordered headphones and they sent a set of speakers!!?? Well if they'e that fuckin stupid definitely keep them. If they want them back it's up to them to apologise and ask you for them back.

Ok boss, I got you. So if you keep them you'e a thief and if you tell someone to keep them you'e a thieving ****. Ok but call me what you want, I'd probably have kept the speakers. If I found a fiver on the street, I'd keep that too.

Ok boss, I got you. So if you keep them you'e a thief and if you tell someone to keep them you'e a thieving ****. Ok but call me what you want, I'd probably have kept the speakers. If I found a fiver on the street, I'd keep that too.
Regards the fiver, whereas that is technically stealing too, there's a simple question of degree and of practicality. Most people would keep it and no-one would be prosecuted for doing so.

But the incorrect item cost £650. If you went into a shop and nicked £650 worth of stuff, you absolutely would get prosecuted and rightly so. Would you condone doing that?

I didn't call anyone a thieving **** btw.

Last edited:
Loses and damages are factored into the retail price....you've probably already paid for it, it's as good as yours.
It's just that sort of attitude that allows people to think it's ok to leave the frozen fish fingers abandoned in the cornflakes isle at the supermarket. Now those people, I do call cunts.

Regards the fiver, whereas that is technically stealing too, there's a simple question of degree and of practicality. Most people would keep it and no-one would be prosecuted for doing so.

But the incorrect item cost £650. If you went into a shop and nicked £650 worth of stuff, you absolutely would get prosecuted and rightly so. Would you condone doing that?

that was me

Ok. I rgpight you wrote: 'The "thieving cunts" are the people saying he should keep them, not the OP.'

The fiver scenario is slightly different but it's keeping something that doesn't belong to you. Walking into a shop and stealing, however, is walking into a shop stealing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.