United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a top club to have that many chances against them and your keeper to equal a record for most saves is embarrassing that’s bottom of the table stuff against a top club, we’ll smash them.

The game reminded me of last seasons derby where they drew by parking the bus. We had many shots but few were on target.
Tactically they rely on a mixture of bad finishing, good defending and a massive amount of luck to concede few goals then try to nick a goal on the break.

Hopefully we are clinical with our finishing then it should be straight forward otherwise the JM lucky streak will continue .

Surely from a Blue

In reality I think its more him saying "if they had to deal with what we had" the playing field would be much more level, just badly worded.
They have had injuries though: Aguero, Mendy, Stones, Otamendi, Kompany, Sane (illness). They just have a much better squad than us rich in quality.

A professional wishing injuries on others as his team can't match their level is disgraceful.

There's just a nasty mentality around the club at the moment. With this, jumping on every little thing pep does and acting as if the whole of english football is against us.

It's ridiculous how over rated De Geas performance was. He made one good save and the rest were all pretty average or just the ball hitting him from close range. More to do with the horrific finishing from the arsenal players. If a player misses from 2 yards out for me that's just a shocking finish rather than a wonderful save.

Arsenal fans can wank over Lacazette but his finishing was one of the reasons arsenal lost today.

Couldn't agree more. There wasn't one of those shots that any PL goalie wouldn't have saved. Reminded me of Paddy Kenny when we won the league. One on one I'd say he's one if the poorest keepers in the league simply tottering backwards rather than diving sideways. Look at the 6-1 as an example. Of course, given the two banks of five defending on the 6 and 18 yard lines in front of him, he's rarely in that position.

Couldn't agree more. There wasn't one of those shots that any PL goalie wouldn't have saved. Reminded me of Paddy Kenny when we won the league. One on one I'd say he's one if the poorest keepers in the league simply tottering backwards rather than diving sideways. Look at the 6-1 as an example. Of course, given the two banks of five defending on the 6 and 18 yard lines in front of him, he's rarely in that position.
A lot of his saves last night were for the cameras. Perfect height, not far away from his body and hit with hardly any power, yet he was still diving around and needlessly parrying the ball back into play. That said, the double save was sensational. And the one preventing the own goal was pretty impressive too.

Wow thy really are starting to bleat about Pogba's red card over on the Caf, It seems that they have now convinced themselves there was nothing in.

That said i would not be surprised at all if they appealed it and it was recinded, after all if Lukaku can get away with his double kick of an opponent last week i see no reason why this wont get overturned.

Can tell you've actually played football.

His "worldclass" saves may impress those that tow the party line but anyone who understands how football works gets what he's doing. And realise that whilst he's a good keeper he's not as good as people make him out to be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.