Your first City match?

April 1977 home match against Birmingham when Trevor Francis was the next best thing. Midweek game which we won 2-1. Dave Watson had an upcoming Trevor Francis in his pocket all night. I was 12 and was with my dad who passed the City gene down to me. I miss him every day. We were chasing Liverpool for the league championship and a bad result at Derby later that month cost us dear as I remember. He took me on the Kippax. The feeling as we got closer to the ground with more and more Blues joining our walk was indescribable. It felt almost feral. Walking up those steps and going from the bland, dark (and not so dangerous in those days) Moss Side to seeing the brilliant light and the green pitch when I first saw it was a moment that stays with me still. I truly appreciate how far we have come since then and would not change a thing. But I wish I could have one more moment with my dad to show him how far we have come.
There's an awful lot of us who can relate to your last sentence.

Fullham-City at Craven Cottage in september 2012. City won 2-1. (No I'm not a plastic supporter, been a city fan since I was 6)

No need to say that, imo, mate. If we refuse the validity of fans since the takeover, then I suggest we’re being pretty bloody stupid about it.

Ed: on the contrary, when I look around me and see all the grey heads, I always think, we need some young uns in here. They’re the future. I’m not...

Last edited:
Apr 65 I think it was Charlton (could be wrong) before legging it back down Winsford Rd to drivers returning to their cars that we had looked after during the game :)

1967 derby in January, my 8th birthday.

Platt lane stand in the corner on the wooden benches.

1 nil down, when dad dragged me away to beat the traffic heard the roar as we equalised going over platt fields.

There’s a pathe news video kicking around on you tube, but it only has the first goal.....

City 1-0 Villa Dec 1980. I was a short 8 year old, North Stand, 4 rows up behind 6 foot 4 1/2 Joe corrigan (I remember the winning top trump card!) in the first half. In the second half whilst the villa players were disputing a free kick tueart was played one on one with their keeper towards the goal, the entire north stand stood up, all I saw was the back of the guy in front of me followed by loud cheers, when everyone sat down I saw Dennis celebrating! Despite now being a grown man I have never sat anywhere near that position again!
I got my van broken into that game despite paying a couple of quid to the kids asking if I wanted them to mind it

I got my van broken into that game despite paying a couple of quid to the kids asking if I wanted them to mind it
actually it wasn't that one think it was a few years later on a new years eve or boxing day my memory is failing me at my age

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.