Your first City match?

Coventry away, April '72.

Three games left to play and I thought we were going to win the league! But it was a 1-1 draw, which we followed up by losing to Ipswich, meaning we finished 1 point behind Derby. I was distraught!

1974 League Cup Final with my dad and grandad. Dominated the game, bastard stand in keeper saved everything, John Richards stole a travesty of a winner with 5 minutes left, and the 9 year old version of me went home in tears. Character building!

You must be about the same age as me.

That result made me cry too, though I wasn’t at the match.

1981. The FA Cup replay against Everton. We'd just moved to Manchester from Glasgow the year before and were living in Ladybarn. The vast majority of my schoolmates were Blues and I had been pestering my Dad for ages to take me to a game. We were sat in the Main Stand and I just fell in love with the noise and atmosphere - a wonderful impression made on a 7-year-old. It's just a shame my Dad left us 2 months before we won the Cup in 2011 and never got the chance to see us win anything.

I honestly don't know,neither does my dad,Iv asked many times which game he first took me to,but he cant remember either.All i do know is i was 3 and it was the 68/69 season .

I used to nag my dad to take me to see Stanley Mathews after watching him in the 1953 cup Final,first time back in Manchester was at O Trafford 21/11/ 1953,my dad being a blue,took me to Maine Road to see City play WBA,a 3-2 defeat,so yes I,m a glory-hunter and I,ve brought up my daughters as blues,just sorry my dad isn’t,t around now to see HIS team “ruining football”.

64 years watching City through thin and thinner?

You deserve a medal, mate.

1967 derby in January, my 8th birthday.

Platt lane stand in the corner on the wooden benches.

1 nil down, when dad dragged me away to beat the traffic heard the roar as we equalised going over platt fields.

There’s a pathe news video kicking around on you tube, but it only has the first goal.....
Was at that match with my dad in the scoreboard end ,absolutely hammered it down with rain.I do believe Utd put through their own goal for the equaliser.

Portland, OR, 2010 during a City exhibition tour in the summer. Wrote up a nice article on another site that was picked up on Bluemoon. I got a message from that site saying that I had ripped off someone else's account of what had happened. So Bluemoon got me in trouble. Wouldn't be the first time.... :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.