West Ham Post Match Thread

Three points , no injuries , no suspensions job done unfortunately when teams come to park the bus the games will sometimes be a struggle , Huddersfield ,Saints and Hammers only intention was to keep the score down ,none showed any real ambition , and that is getting hard work to play against . Hopefully the Rags will have a go next week , although i doubt it PEG will rely on counter attacks and set pieces , i can see next Sundays game being hyped up by Sky and the media and both teams producing a damp squid of a game. Any big game involving PEG is dour and war of attrition

Don't understand the hate for Mangala. Was possibly our best player and yes, Arnautovic did do him near the end with a clever piece of skill but if Delph had been on his game and gone to close Ayew down much quicker then that ball down the line to Arnautovic wouldn't have been on. Mangala didn't get done for pace but lost his standing leg as he was trying to hook the ball out. That was what let Arnautovic in. Give the guy a break. Today he was as good as Kompany has been this season.
Agreed with the comparison to Kompany. I think we will upgrade on both in the January window though.

Hard fought win but it will be like that until teams need the points at the end of the season then I expect us to be smashing teams but until then I think this is the way teams will play against us. I’d like to see Sane and Sterling switch wings when we can’t get crosses into the box just so they can come inside and shoot, for me Jesus should start ahead of Aguero at the moment he seems off the pace and flat footed, ask me 5 weeks ago I’d say we would’ve smashed United, next week whoever scores first wins.

Possession in the opposition half has its problems when heavily populated by the defence.
Ideas like yours (re switching wingers) are needed now to generate space for shots on target. Surely Pep had this problem in his former Clubs ?

Time was, not so long ago, when the West Ham fixtures (home and away) were an advent to look forward to. Both teams playing the game without total fear, and in the tradition of the game. Sad that those days have gone tbh it's now so life or death
Thank you SKY.....NOT

One of the more interesting things I keep hearing s that City look fatigued and not at their best. It’s nonsense, because it is a reflection of the KIND of football we were being allowed to play early in the season, but which we are rarely allowed to play in recent games. The open, free flowing football of the early season has been replaced, by almost every team, with the double decker of 6-4-0 or 5-4-1. It is THAT that is making us look labored, not the fact that players are looking fatigued, IMHO.

In an open, free flowing game, if we were getting out paced late in the game, I would agree that we look tired, but the only potential evidence of that I can see is that the passing stats seem to have dropped off a little from the ungodly levels of early season.

Let’s see how they play on the big stage after a week of rest!

Getting max points even when not at our best. Think we will play amazing in the derby after being able to reserve some energy.

Team for midweek:
Bravo, Danilo Tosin Mangala Zinchenko, Bernardo Yaya Gundogan Foden, Jesus Sane

Team for the derby:
Ederson, Walker Kompany Otamendi Delph, Fernandinho Silva De Bruyne, Sane Sterling Aguero

Three points , no injuries , no suspensions job done unfortunately when teams come to park the bus the games will sometimes be a struggle , Huddersfield ,Saints and Hammers only intention was to keep the score down ,none showed any real ambition , and that is getting hard work to play against . Hopefully the Rags will have a go next week , although i doubt it PEG will rely on counter attacks and set pieces , i can see next Sundays game being hyped up by Sky and the media and both teams producing a damp squid of a game. Any big game involving PEG is dour and war of attrition

Bit fishy that.

He's fucking garbage & I'm one who asked for him to get a chance.

Why he defends like he does, I have no idea. He can jump head sprint & tackle better than he is doing but it's like he's watching a different game than the one he's playing in.

On one occasion he was running back half arsed toward the ball & their guy was overtaking him. It would have been 1v1 had he not got a toe to it.

Inexcusable.
I also wanted him to succeed but it's not going to happen, struggles with the basics and looks like he's won a raffle to get a game.

Getting max points even when not at our best. Think we will play amazing in the derby after being able to reserve some energy.

Team for midweek:
Bravo, Danilo Tosin Mangala Zinchenko, Bernardo Yaya Gundogan Foden, Jesus Sane

Team for the derby:
Ederson, Walker Kompany Otamendi Delph, Fernandinho Silva De Bruyne, Sane Sterling Aguero
gabby and sane should not be on that plane,send the kids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.