Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came on and completely changed the game. I can't remember a worse performance from Kun, he was horrendous. Jesus was the catalyst for us getting back in it and must start next week.

I reckon he'd been dropped recently to give him a kick up the backside and if today is anything to go by it's worked.

I'm sorry but I'll say it again. It seems to me like these days it's easier to mark Aguero out of games. With Aguero's current form, I was so sure that Jesus would start today. I was wrong. Maybe Pep wants to reassure him of his place in the team or maybe I should just shut up as I don't know what Pep's thinking?

I reckon he'd been dropped recently to give him a kick up the backside and if today is anything to go by it's worked.

I'm not sure. He's played an awful lot of games ahead of Kun, and whilst he hasn't shone, he's always done a great job. Link up play has always been there, and his movement in attack and pressing is smart. He works very hard, and I can't remember a game where he didn't create a significant attacking moment.

Regardless, today showed why his determination and ability to combine a direct approach and teamwork in a small space is invaluable.

I'm not sure. He's played an awful lot of games ahead of Kun, and whilst he hasn't shone, he's always done a great job. Link up play has always been there, and his movement in attack and pressing is smart. He works very hard, and I can't remember a game where he didn't create a significant attacking moment.

Regardless, today showed why his determination and ability to combine a direct approach and teamwork in a small space is invaluable.

Maybe, but he'd gone from playing a lot to not playing at all. Combine that with how Pep's not afraid to drop players out of form then I guess I'm just making 2+2 of it.

He dropped Aguero last year and at the start of the season and the result was the best two patches of Aguero form since 2012. I have no reason to believe he wouldn't treat Jesus the same.

I'm a big fan of Jesus. If you're sad enough to trawl through 68 pages of this thread you'll see that ;). But Guardiola works his magic in mysterious ways.

Aguero has always needed a run of games before hitting his stride. He had that funny turn for Argentina so I think he is still going through that period, well I hope anyway. He was poor today. Did not offer anything. Poor touch when he did get the ball and did not get into the right areas.

Against Huddersfield he had an eaay header across to Sterling he botched to the keeper and several chances that he didnt take. Kun of years back scores a hattrick in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.