West Ham Post Match Thread

Some on here who think the form has dropped are wrong.
The difference in the last few games is that teams are not pressing us in our half as they were early in the season & are now dropping deep, essentially putting eleven behind the ball.
This is so difficult to break through.
This won't happen next week as Utd need 3 points.im sure we'll see another performance like the Chelsea game.
I get your point, but I do think we're going through a perfectly normal 'relative' slight dip in form - despite the 75% 80% possession and 20 plus shots stats - and of course the wins. Earlier in the season we were going for the throat from the kick off and blowing teams away. Maybe teams are dropping deeper against us and we're having to unpick the anti-football teams, but that's happened for years. The form will come back and with a few away games coming up - maybe one or two will actually try and score against us.

If Manure park the bus, I can't see 'em getting the good fortune they got against the Hemorrhoids Stadium gooners. If they take us on, and there's no freakish turn of events, it's no contest. Some say Manure will be up for it - but so will we - KDB, David, Sergio, Jesus, Raheem, Kyle, Leroy, all trying to put one over on 'em.

Personally, I think Manure will, at times be in two minds - park the bus on the instructions of Maureen or respond to the fans who want 'em to attack (like us).

Your second sentence could be equally applied to Kompany against Huddersfield. I can only guess at what are you expecting from our 4th choice CB ? You also called Otamendi a "limited CB" in a previous post in a different thread so I believe unless we sign Varane or Sergio Ramos you won't be happy. There were far worse performers out there in blue today than Mangala so he deserves some credit.

Exactly yes.

I want the best cb in europe in order to be the best team in europe. (Not Ramos)

4th cb should be Kompany.
I didn't see a worse performer than Mangala on eithef side btw. The kid in their side was better.

It wasn't as scintillating to watch as some of the other games, but that was a good performance against a team that put everyone behind the ball. Even though they were difficult to break down, we found a way to win the game, yet again. This run we are on at the moment is phenomenal!

Some on here who think the form has dropped are wrong.
The difference in the last few games is that teams are not pressing us in our half as they were early in the season & are now dropping deep, essentially putting eleven behind the ball.
This is so difficult to break through.
This won't happen next week as Utd need 3 points.im sure we'll see another performance like the Chelsea game.

+1 on this from me

Nicolas Otamendi... For all of his critics I don't know where we'd be without him. And he seems to really care. The hunger and passion for that equalizer is what we were missing the whole first half. His contribution will again be forgotten but he's been my player of the season behind Raheem and Kevin.

Just got back but totally agree he was superb today and has been all season.

You'd think WHU would help us take points from Chelsea next matchday but I bet they'll rollover and their sturdy defense would become shit again. Makes you wonder sometimes why teams respect us so much but don't give the same amount of respect to our closer rivals. Or is the problem from ourselves?

It's amazing how these teams play out of the skin against us (albeit losing late) and then play shit against others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.