Ashes 2017/18

Hindsight and all but why wouldn't Smith enforce the follow on. No one wants to bat under lights. Australian top order need to sort themselves out...England have finally showed they're dangerous when they pitch it up and aim for Off stump (something they have done too little of).

It's all irrelevant, just like England bowling first. When there's such a chasm between teams you can do what you like, it won't change the result. Besides, even if Australia are 5/6 down tonight they'd still fancy themselves to have a 400 lead and now they've just had Jimmy bowl 11 overs on the spin trying to rescue a hopeless situation. By tea time tomorrow when Aussies are 450/500 ahead England will not only have been totally out played but completely demoralised.

Mmm , game on now, I’d say.
The decision to bowl by Joe Root after winning the toss was a shocker to say the least.
However , Steve Smith’s decision not to enforce the follow , when the next team to bat next was going to be under lights , was also very questionable.
As I said , game on.

Mmm , game on now, I’d say.
The decision to bowl by Joe Root after winning the toss was a shocker to say the least.
However , Steve Smith’s decision not to enforce the follow , when the next team to bat next was going to be under lights , was also very questionable.
As I said , game on.

Game on are you sure?! The way England been batting they won’t get 200 runs. Game is over.

Nice to see us showing a bit of fight at last after a 2+ terrible days. Feels like too little too late though and no matter what the target, I suspect being bowled out very cheaply in the fourth innings is going to be inevitable.

Game on are you sure?! The way England been batting they won’t get 200 runs. Game is over.
Only one team in history chased down over 300 in the second innings here. England would struggle 200+, so i think its all over already. Shame as that was a great bit of bowling from Anderson and Woakes.

Only one team in history chased down over 300 in the second innings here. England would struggle 200+, so i think its all over already. Shame as that was a great bit of bowling from Anderson and Woakes.

Yeah they’ve been doing that last 20 years when don’t matter bowl better where was it in the first day? Piss poor and not bothers how good they are bowling now game is over. Smith must of felt sorry for us not telling us to bat again must be thinking of making it a 5 days to get more more for the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.