Your first City match?

appropriately for today it was WHU, around 1972 ish?? lost 3-1. Only thing I remember is we conceded from a corner, some things never change

mmm apparently my memory is shit, as I've now checked and we never lost 3-1 to wet sham around that time.......may have been the 1-5 in '70, in which case I would have been 5, so some excuse......wonder of my old man took me out early?

Last edited:
2nd April 1966 City 1 Plymouth 1, King Colin's home debut. 11 years old and my school mate was Jamie Sykes, his Father Norman was a pro for Plymouth Argyle and had moved to Stockport County, Jamie came in to my class. When Plymouth came to Maine Rd Norman got us tickets courtesy of Argyle. Little did I know until much later in life I witnessed the first appearance at Maine Road of Nijinsky!

Remember this like it was yesterday aged 8 years old my fist ever game was against Southampton at Maine Road in 94/95 season it ended 3-3. What a game

December 22nd 1973 vs Burnley. Won 2 nil with goals from Bell and Doyle. Our school got the tickets at the front of the North Stand next to Helen. At the end all the kids ran on the pitch so we did. I ran straight into a grounds man who launched me into the main stand. Lost everyone I was with and had to walk home on my own.

Coventry City at home when they wore those hideous chocolate brown shirts can't remember the score.

Age 7 in March 1961 v Everton (H).

Won 2-1. My only memory is of us scoring at the scoreboard end.

Slightly off topic, but my first game at Maine Rd was England u15s vs Scotland U15s, May 1971.

I was 6. Dad wanted to take me to Maine Rd before we emigrated to Australia (we were £10 Poms). Mum wouldn't let him take me to City, so it was a schoolboys international instead.

I researched it a few years ago, and apparently George Burley played for Scotland. England won 3-1.

1959 season against Wolves. In the Platt Lane and we got beat 4-6.Don't remember much about the game other than Bert looking a tad pissed off!

Yes, apart from a block that became blue plastic seats after Leeds fans had started to smash up the benches.

Was that the game on the telly where Harper put the penalty in row z of the North Stand? Finished 2-3 and around the time Kendall returned to his ‘first love’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.