Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get past Tyler's commentary in the Liverpool game when they won the title. Compare his reactions to Liverpool's and our goals and they couldn't have been more different.

He may have been trying to capture the mood or whatever but for me he got it spectacularly wrong. Been a few other occasions where we've scored and he"s sounded absolutely gutted.

Don't really care where it's bias or anything. Far too much time and effort is spent trying to prove there is a bias against us, and far too much time is spent trying to label blues as paranoid for thinking there is a bias.

For me it's just bad commentary and I don't see why so many people have such a problem with us discussing it on here.

There is certainly evidence of excessive sensitivity on this thread and some of it may be explained by some of the ignorant rubbish written about the club since 2008. There has been a willingness in the media to feed the prejudices of the other Manchester club. But when I read Robbie Savage's eulogy of our team on the BBC's live feed just after the end of yesterday's game I realised the change in attitude wrought by Pep's revolution. Rather than encouraging paranoia we should just enjoy our team's performances and let the media report on it. There will always be reporting of which we disapprove, but we have no more right than any other fans to try to censor the media or demand that that report on us only in terms of which we approve. Does that remind you of the plastic fans of another club?

There will always be reporting of which we disapprove, but we have no more right than any other fans to try to censor the media or demand that that report on us only in terms of which we approve. Does that remind you of the plastic fans of another club?

But we have every right to be annoyed by it and discuss it on here.

We should be able to tune in to every sports channel and get fair and balanced views on all teams not just the bigging up of the media darlings and the putting down or completly untrue things about us,not too much to ask i would have thought

I can't get past Tyler's commentary in the Liverpool game when they won the title. Compare his reactions to Liverpool's and our goals and they couldn't have been more different.

He may have been trying to capture the mood or whatever but for me he got it spectacularly wrong. Been a few other occasions where we've scored and he"s sounded absolutely gutted.

Don't really care where it's bias or anything. Far too much time and effort is spent trying to prove there is a bias against us, and far too much time is spent trying to label blues as paranoid for thinking there is a bias.

For me it's just bad commentary and I don't see why so many people have such a problem with us discussing it on here.

I've always suspected he got caught up in the crowd response that day, and when City scored he didn't respond to the game, he responded to the sudden relative silence. And I don't know why exactly, but the time he did comment about getting his reaction wrong, I had the distinct impression that that was the game he had in mind. It wasn't his finest moment by any means, but people do make mistakes, and that was one. I just tend to see it as that and not a deliberate slight. The sheer joy in his voice for the Aguero moment reflected a love of football, not of a particular team. No way could he have faked that if he was anti City.

Yeah, I agree there’s definitely some of that, although I think the pro-United ergo anti-City link is overstated . Also, “Filthy Rich City underachieving” has always been a more interesting story to neutrals than City doing well.

Some of the paranoia is definitely rooted in Reds-Under-The-Bed insecurity which still affects an element of our fan base, even though we overtook them years ago.

Everybody sub-group in society bonds though a common enemy I suppose, so whether it’s referees or the media or UEFA, it’s always going to happen on here and everywhere else.

Incidentally we don’t hear much of the great Red referee conspiracy these days.

Funnily enough, if you have a flick over on the dark side they are convinced we get all the luck with refs!

I do actually think there is a bias against us in the media mainly because I think the media are (almost undeniably) significantly pro united and pro Liverpool and I believe it's a by-product of that as much as anything. I think the problem we have on here is that once stuff gets highlighted that isn't genuinely biased against us the issue gets diluted and the argument is lost. I'm sure there is some genuine bias, it's just difficult to find it amongst the paranoid ramblings.
I don' read the red tops and deafness prevents me from listening to the radio, so my recent experiences are limited. I do, however, have three comments
1. The Times and Sunday times are very complimentary. In the last week, there have been 5 extensive articles favourable to us. Henry Winter has a soft spot for us.
2 I read the Grauniad on line and they have definitely come round towards us. Still have JJ, that arch rag, to report on us, tho'
3 MOTD have praised us quite a lot this year and our play has put paid to their old habit of giving us 35 secs coverage at the bottom of the prog.
Easy to pick up the media that is against us and forget those who are fairer.

Go on then what is my problem ? and bearing in mind I highlighted what I see as rubbish reporting to save you having to guess, i am amazed you had to read my post twice.
A genuinely good, no, very good goal is described in that manner, come on. I fully accept we are being praised by many pundits but if a reporter cannot accurately describe a well executed shot he needs another career.
Sorry mate, I'm not getting sucked into this kind of paranoid shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.