Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a win. Let's thrash these two-bit bus parkers and send arrogant, unlovable asswipes like Jessie ratface Lingard packing.

They'll push for an early lead with pace, like against Arsenal, then set up.shop in their own box for the rest of the game. Their keeper will make a few decent saves and the media will suck him off.

City need to control the game from the off. Kun needs to find form, it's long overdue. The temptation is to start Jesus instead here but I'd go with both of them from the get go and get an early goal, doing so will draw the bastards out of their den opening up plenty of space to exploit.

I think Mourinho tried tactics in the Arsenal game he will try again in the derby. Particularly an early high press to force a mistake and get a lead, like they did for their first 2 goals at Arsenal.

Later they will likely sit back / park the bus, but looking to break at pace, as well as looking to come forward and score headers from set pieces.

A pressing United will get their fans shouting and increase pressure on the referee to give decisions in their favour.

I think we have looked lethargic, in the first half of the last few games. I hope Pep gives the peripheral players plenty of minutes against Shaktar.

The derby is surely our biggest test.

We want them to come and press, although Stones will be a big miss. When teams press us in numbers we pass through them and there are big gaps in the midfield. That's one of the reasons we scored so many goals earlier in the season.

I think they will try to kick lumps out of us to get us to lose our heads and give away cheap free kicks. I expect Pep will be getting into their heads all week about staying cool.

I’ll say the same as I said for the Arsenal game, any fouls on our players and they should go down and stay on the deck, putting pressure on the wimp of a ref Oliver to actually start booking the scum players.

Can’t velueve people will take a point now there best player is out and they will have to come and attack us never felt so confident.. 2-1 or 3-1 City

I'd love it if we won the kick off, launched it straight to De Gea and sat everyone in our own half for the first 15 minutes. Mourinho wouldn't have a fucking clue what was going on.

Mourinho will likely set up defensively, but make no mistake, if Huddersfield, Southampton and West Ham can score against us, then they are more than capable of doing so. In fact, I wouldn't rule them out getting two. For all the barbs you read here, they are the league's second top scorers after us. And Stones is a big miss for us.
Some common sense,some of the arrogance from our own fans is starting to become annoying,writing off all our opponents and overestimating our own abilitys,before the Huddersfield ,Southampton and West ham games predicting 4 0 5 0 etc and now completely writing off United.. United are comfortably are the second best side in the league and this will be a really tough game,even without pogba,they have got some momentum building and just took 6 points from two tricky away games which myself and most posters were sure they would drop points in.
We look vulnerable from set pieces recently they are a huge team which has to be another concern.
If they get a lead like Huddersfield and West ham did they are much better defensively than those two and will be even harder to break down.
If we play to our abilitys like we did against Chelsea away I believe we win but we will need to perform a lot better than we have in recent weeks to get the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.