Ditching Sky

Committed to BT after ditching Sky. Their Black Friday couldn`t be beaten. Free BT Sports, £100 MasterCard thrown in, with £95 from Quidco, @£20 saving by paying 12 months line rental upfront. Bye bye Sky cya later.

It's all about new customers it seems, which is crackers cos it just creates constant churn. Left BT for Sky because their offers for existing customers were awful compared to Sky's offer. Not interested in the Now TV option cos I want HD. Tbf, I think the Sky broadband is marginally less good, but it's mostly not noticeable.
The biggest cost element now is BT sports HD on a rolling contract but means I can keep it just for Ashes & our European campaign then cancel in the summer as they have nothing id choose to watch then.

Had Sky Q plus all channels for 12 months for £30/month. Due to go up to £84.

Rang up to cancel today, got put through to retentions and got offered same package for 18 months for £39.

Now Tv 24 hour unlimited day pass.
20% off voucher code is NOWCHTV6EMPBEA
Works fine

Not sure but i think there is a limit to how many discount codes you can use in 12 mnth buddy. I Might be getting confused with free passes but it is something i would check if you plan to bargain hunt till Sly get back to you

I only plan on using Now for an occational day pass so no mither.
I saved £1.40 on todays match so happy days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is done and the time for honouring themselves at an end.
The battle is over and it's been one heck of a fray.I say this tongue in cheek of course because the Sky lads they employ are a cracking bunch and I have had some really good banter with them.However fratinisation with the enemy still remains a firing squad offence so I will say little more .
The story starts with an unsolicited call at or around 1900 hours of last week.
Norman was a pleasant chap and it was his solemn duty to to entice me back into the fold.
The offer he proposed was incredible so I said ok and we both verbaly shook on £28 a month for everything including multi room.Like Wow !

A short while later I was sitting in the TV room inbetween an advert break and decided to have a quick gander at my new account.
It wasn't at all good and no mention of sky sports or the movies.

I dont want to over explain the situation unnessasaraly but enought to say the agent was going to investigate and escalate my dilema to a stage three complaint : / This would entail a thorough review and extraction of my original chat with Norman (not real name) to verify facts.
Anyway a return call was sheduled but it never transpired.I knew what I had agreed too because during the sales talk I had disected every aspect repeating back the offer so many times I was bordering on the OCD.So I rang back today and am pleased to announce the unconditional surrender of Sky network @14.20 hours.

2vn03lz.jpg

They apologised about the lack of a ringback and offered a £50 immediate credit to account.
An 18 month rolling contract for the full TV package with absolutely everything including the Sky Q.
The contract was complex and to be split into 12 months for the sports and movies and 18 months fixed contract for the rest.
The new price is to be £36 a month for the full monty..Not the original Normananski price but was getting weary with the ordeal so agreed.

And then an incredible thing happened and Sky phoned back an hour later.It was the investigating officer for new contracts and he had excellent news for me.If anyone is losing the plot it was the chap who was supposed to have rung back initialy.Its christmas time and everyone is busy so allowances have to be made.

He said he had listened to the full transcript of the sales call and I was indeed sold the full package with everything for £28 albeit wrongly.
The previous offer of £36 was to be immediatly recinded and the new offer of £28 for everything to be applied.
I told him I admired his honesty and indefatigability as he did not need to ring me back so fair fooks to the lad and massive respect bro !
So to conclude it's everything for £28 a month and a good result.

This thread can only be advantageous to all future re-subscribers as it affords information of past and present offers.
In essence we now see the bigger picture and forearmed is forewarned.

My deal is done so I can offer little more to thread except to say with a happy heart that We Must All Stick Together !
Here is Billy cotton and his showband to explain further.

When Britain is in danger, when trouble's in the air,
We all forget our squabbles it's trespassers beware,
The nation is united when danger looms in sight
We march along together and sing with all our might
We must all stick together, all stick together
And the clouds will soon roll by We must all stick together,
all stick together Never mind the old school tie
United we shall stand whatever may befall
The richest in the land, the poorest of us all We must all stick together,
birds of a feather, And the clouds will soon roll by.
(Band singing) (We must all stick together, all stick together
And the clouds will soon roll by We must all stick together,
all stick together Never mind your old school tie)
United we shall stand whatever may befall
The richest in the land, the poorest of us all We must all stick together,
birds of a feather, And the clouds will soon roll by.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve ditched the lot after being with them for 18 years. They should be paying me. I have the normal sky plus box 1TB.

Had the call today and they have offered me no contract, movies, box sets and sports for 34 a month and using my sky vip a free upgrade to Sky Q. They said I would lose all my years of sky vip but I’ve only got sky go extra from sky vip diamond.

Should I take it or haggle for less? In the meantime we have an amazon fire stick with Netflix for a tenner a month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.