Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of bad passes? Did you even see the direct pass he made to one of their attackers which nearly led to a goal? FFS!
Yes, hence me saying a couple of bad passes... For what it's worth I remember Kyle Walker doing the exact same thing a couple of games ago, absolute brainless but it happens.

To go into a game with Phil Foden at LWB, but not really notice that being much of a problem is pretty good in my book. All our problems cam down the other side, with Yaya, Danilo and Tosin having a torrid time

Yes, hence me saying a couple of bad passes... For what it's worth I remember Kyle Walker doing the exact same thing a couple of games ago, absolute brainless but it happens.

To go into a game with Phil Foden at LWB, but not really notice that being much of a problem is pretty good in my book. All our problems cam down the other side, with Yaya, Danilo and Tosin having a torrid time
Are you his mum? Kyle Walker? Is that a joke? Kyle has been brilliant this season (his first). A few mistakes yes but his overall attacking play (and defence) more than made up for them.
How is it that you’ve missed all the major gaffs Mangala makes every game since he’s been here? Recently too? Just this evening for instance and the last game? And the one before that. Have you been watching the Mangala ‘best highlights’ vids on his YouTube channel these past three seasons and not the actual games? Honestly, I’m totally stumped?!

Are you his mum? Kyle Walker? Is that a joke? Kyle has been brilliant this season (his first). A few mistakes yes but his overall attacking play (and defence) more than made up for them.
How is it that you’ve missed all the major gaffs Mangala makes every game since he’s been here? Recently too? Just this evening for instance and the last game? And the one before that. Have you been watching the Mangala ‘best highlights’ vids on his YouTube channel these past three seasons and not the actual games? Honestly, I’m totally stumped?!
Which part of what I said implies any of the random crap you just spouted?

“Couple of bad passes”? Er, so did every one but one of his (again!) nearly directly led to a goal.
Sorry if you got the brunt of my frustration with a lot of folk in this thread but I despair how any of his apologists can keep on defending his repeated (potentially match losing) errors. He certainly can’t.

“Couple of bad passes”? Er, so did every one but one of his (again!) nearly directly led to a goal.
Sorry if you got the brunt of my frustration with a lot of folk in this thread but I despair how any of his apologists can keep on defending his repeated (potentially match losing) errors.

Because his errors are jumped on much more than anyone else's. He made no errors that lead to goals tonight (a single misjudged pass as far as I can remember) and had the highest passing accuracy of any of City's starters. Yet he's derided for his passing whilst others (like Walker more than occasionally recently) get off without comment.

It's as if people are giving match ratings where everyone starts on a 6, except Mangala who has to work his way up from a 4.

It was, just like his attempt to tackle Arnautavic was at the weekend.

Sadly, he is a walking disaster and every game he plays he seems to gift the opposition a gilt edge chance. We cannot afford to carry players like that and I think Pep's reaction against West Ham said it all really, as did the press conference where Mangala basically admitted that he has no long term future here.

What about right at the start of the second half where he made one tackle, shrugged off the player who tried to re-gather, then shrugged off a further two Shaktar players to release the ball forward?

Your picking a data point of one from the West Ham game and drawing conclusions from it. I could equally point to the example above and say that he's a world beater.

He's not the best, I concede that, but like some have mentioned on this thread before, it seems like many on here are waiting to pounce on any mistake he makes.

It's just incredible that this debate keeps going on. He is terrible, and so far below what we require that it's astonishing he's a part of our squad. How many errors does he have to make, how many shocking performances does he have to deliver before we all agree on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.