Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Some crazy reactions on here considering they were probably told don't get injured or banned. You could see we weren't really interested in getting anything vs a side that needed a point minimum.

We really do have the biggest of flappers on here. ‘Burnt out, sell half the squad, Sane form collapsed blah blah’
Get a grip and look at the results.
We won our group and phoned in the last game, so we could have the A team ready for Sunday - lets see the reaction when we dominate (and beat) the Rags at the Theatre of Debt TM.
This is the best team we have ever had, setting record pace in England for most stats, with the best manager in the world - I think some of our fans were happier when playing Macclesfield was a big local derby.

FFS

Robson is a Rag.Lets see what SB gave them.Diaz was superb when he came on and far more effective than Sane who once again had a poor game by his standards !!

Yeah I know Robson is a rag mate..can't understand why they let the twat give marks to our players...it should be Brennan who at least is fair.

The game served the purpose we needed last night.

Shame Foden was used in midfield
Diaz looked excellent when he came on.
Yaya just doesnt have it anymore - which is awful to watch
Gudogan didnt have any support in midfield.
Bernardo just hasnt found his feet
Danilo's positional sense is terrible and needs to work on it.
Sane is struggling atm

one other highlight from the game was some of those shakhtar players that could easily strengthen out team - i liked FRED he could eventually take over from fernandinho and atleast provide some cover and the obvious other one was the TAISON CAM he looked very good.

The side that we picked just highlighted that we need to go out in January and buy another LB and a CB if thats all we get then so be it.... thats what we need. We are able to swap and change the midfield and forwards a lot easier. All this talk about Sanchez is great but we need a LB, CB & CDM before another forward comes in..

Cannot wait for Sunday!!

Sounds daft, but taking that first loss might take a lot of pressure off the side too. The narrative for a while has been 'they have to lose sometime'.

I agree with you. I think it was even stronger than that. During the West Ham game, Tyler was suggesting all these 2-1 victories were 'boring'...I kid you not

Don't see too many negatives from last night, myself.

- Fringe players got 90 mins
- 2 youth products made CL debuts
- No injuries
- No suspensions
- 'Winning streak' pressure relieved.

Job done, on to smashing the rags

Tosin is a senior player, since when? Thought they all did well in the second half despite a very poor referee. Not disappointed at all, one monkey off our back and three youngsters gave us hope of a bonus soon.

Worded that wrongly, I meant just that the senior player didn't play well including Tosin whose first half wasn't great but they did better in the second half. They've finally gotten the loss now. Time to reset and move forward

In two separate stories on last night's game Robson mentioned that City's starting 11 cost over £280 million.....yet he never mentions how much the rag bastard team costs.
I thought the young players looked good and if we had to lose a game it might as well be a meaningless one.
It was good to rest a few of the players too..but I would have rested all the players who will start at the swamp and left them in Manchester to relax.

Serious question.

After last nights defeat, did anyone lose any sleep?

1. I'm more bothered about them derby and a win.
2. I'm more bothered about 14 wins in a row.
3. I'm more bothered about avoiding Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus in the CL draw on Monday.

I was intrigued with the set up.
Seemed like 5-2-3 at the start.

It meant we had a huge amount of space between our 5 and our 3 that the 2 in the middle couldn’t cope with (and btw how many times did Ilkay step in to get a ball Yaya should have reached?).

The only way I could rationalise Pep’s thinking was firstly to give Foden a less exposed/more time on the ball role and secondly that he didn’t trust Tosin and Mangala as a pair so asked Fern to babysit them.

Either way it didn’t work - we ended up killed in the middle of the park and with two wingbacks who aren’t wingbacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.