Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards Ederson, some of his passes and long kicking leaves me with goosebumps. Hopefully with the media on full on DeGea wank mode our own Eddie will be the one that produces some magic.

never have or never will enjoy derby day (unless we're a few up)

makes me sick just walking round that dive and it will on sunday. Hopefully come skipping out and have a quiet, smile filled pints after the game in town.

team picks itself if vinny and delph are fit.

1-2 city

I presume the logic is the more crowded the penalty area, the less chance for opponents to get a running jump for headers. Would be good to see our forwards in an advanced position sometimes though, especially with Ederson's unerring kicking accuracy.
He uses defending corners as a counter attack which has worked a lot already this season. the amount of times we've broke and the final pass has let us down is ridiculous, think there was 4/5 alone v Southampton

I hate derbies, absolutely despise em!! I feel ill days before and if we lose, weeks after! I'd take any kind of positive result, a draw will do, because losing is just unbearable and will make me want to get the axe out again. Feel sick just thinking about losing. Please, just don't lose to the vile,smelly,rat faced C*#ts!

I'm sure Guardiola has his reasons for defending set pieces the way we do. Other than the last couple of games it's been pretty successful to be fair.

Very much this.

In one of the Pep books it charts the success at Bayern under Pep with zonal defending from set pieces. Seemingly it is Torrent's speciality "modifying the two lines of defence depending on the type of rival and by adding specific blocks". In the 1st year at Bayern they conceded 5 goals from corners, 2 in the 2nd year and zero in year 3. Overall Bayern conceded 1 goal every 67 corners which is ridiculously low. Also suggests that they know what they are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.