The Boxing thread

The skill level on show in that Rigo Loma fight will be insane. 100% be getting up to watch that one live. Love watching Lomachenko but got a sneaky feeling Rigo will pull something stunning out of the bag and get it done inside the distance. I know there's a 2-weight jump for Rigo in this fight but he's just that good, that skilful and a real sniper on the counter, I can see him getting it done inside the distance I really can. I'm prepared for that to be proven total bollocks but it's just the hunch I've had for the last couple of days.

Really looking fwd to this one, as brilliant as Rigo is, Lomachenko late on for me..

Khan's problem has always been his chin. PEDs wouldn't help there.

Just have a read up on what was going on there while Ariza was involved. You're obviously entitled to believe everything was clean, but it's certainly worth reading some of the boxing press from that time.

Edit: Nice to chat to another Cotto fan on here btw

Major fan of his pal, ever since that Ricardo Torres fight years ago one of the best fights I've seen live. I was a fan ever since that fight and I don't think I've missed one since. Always got up in the early hours to watch him. Shame he never made it over the the UK for a fight, him and Hatton at 140 would have been unbelievable.

Yeah I've read plenty about Ariza and his time in the Pacquiao camp so like I said I get why the suspicion is there.

Major fan of his pal, ever since that Ricardo Torres fight years ago one of the best fights I've seen live. I was a fan ever since that fight and I don't think I've missed one since. Always got up in the early hours to watch him. Shame he never made it over the the UK for a fight, him and Hatton at 140 would have been unbelievable.

Yeah I've read plenty about Ariza and his time in the Pacquiao camp so like I said I get why the suspicion is there.
Aren’t you suspicious about how he seemed to gain extra power moving up through the weights?
You’d expect him to keep his speed but I don’t get how he increased his power naturally.
Nothing conclusive, obviously, but if something looks like shit & smells like shit, it’s normally shit I tend to think.
Buzzing about tomorrow’s fight

Aren’t you suspicious about how he seemed to gain extra power moving up through the weights?
You’d expect him to keep his speed but I don’t get how he increased his power naturally.
Nothing conclusive, obviously, but if something looks like shit & smells like shit, it’s normally shit I tend to think.
Buzzing about tomorrow’s fight

Again, without facts there's not much point in being suspicious. Not being funny but I'm a postie from Rawtenstall haha not like I'm going on a crusade to uncover the truth so until someone does expose Pacquiao then there's not really any point in being suspicious. Some of Pacquiao's fights were phenomenal to watch so I hope that time doesn't prove some of those performances to be tainted. Same with Margarito in the first Cotto fight. The handwrap thing will always be levelled at him now after being busted before the Mosley fight, but the freakish way in which he took Cotto's best for 6 rounds and then bulldozed through him in the second half of the fight was an awesome performance. His whole career is pretty much drowned in suspicion now especially where his best wins are concerned because everyone now thinks he was using dodgy wraps for longer than the Mosley fight. A completely understandable conclusion and if we are going off probability then yes, it's probably highly likely that he was a dodgy bastard for a significant portion of his career. Probability doesn't equal fact though. That's all I'm saying.

Again, without facts there's not much point in being suspicious. Not being funny but I'm a postie from Rawtenstall haha not like I'm going on a crusade to uncover the truth so until someone does expose Pacquiao then there's not really any point in being suspicious. Some of Pacquiao's fights were phenomenal to watch so I hope that time doesn't prove some of those performances to be tainted. Same with Margarito in the first Cotto fight. The handwrap thing will always be levelled at him now after being busted before the Mosley fight, but the freakish way in which he took Cotto's best for 6 rounds and then bulldozed through him in the second half of the fight was an awesome performance. His whole career is pretty much drowned in suspicion now especially where his best wins are concerned because everyone now thinks he was using dodgy wraps for longer than the Mosley fight. A completely understandable conclusion and if we are going off probability then yes, it's probably highly likely that he was a dodgy bastard for a significant portion of his career. Probability doesn't equal fact though. That's all I'm saying.
Agree with all of that pal. Was just wondering if you had any suspicions, as I have. Hope PAC was clean as he was a phenomenal boxer in his prime

Rigo v Lomachenko will be a classy fight. I just think Rigo will win it on points. The best am of his generation. I have taken Rigo to win on points only got 4/1 but too good of a offer to turn down. Shocked Loma is so short of a priced favourite it just seems mad in what will be a great fight. Rigo wins this he will be pound for pound the best fighter in the world for me.

Regarding Pacquiao and if he was clean or not? I think he was he went on a 2 year spin were he KO'D or retired top level fighters. Wins over De la Hoya and Hatton and then the win over Cotto just dont add up to me he knocked all of them out. Since that Cotto fight Pacman has not KO'd any fighter. Why is that simple Maywheater found him out. He was asked about the fight after the Cotto fight and Maywheater was all about Olympic style testing how a guy can go from KOing Cotto and then not Ko anyone else since just doesnt add up to me. He was juicing in the fights with Hatton , De La Hoya and Cotto for me. He moved up the weights to win world titles but your power just cant transfer up those weights were your still koing people. It will never come out that he was doping. Not while Freddie Roach is about maybe when he is gone we will find out more. My opinion just it doesnt add up for me. Now I loved his wars with all the Mexican fighters he was in really good fights but crazy to think he was clean throughout all of them when he dropped away when suspicions were brought to his door about it and his level of KOing people vanished soon after those suspisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.