Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Pep will go there to dominate them. If my memory serves me right he took his Barcelona team to Madrid and wiped the floor with them in their Bernabau, at least one time in particular.

My whole life I've spent going into these derby matches hoping one way or another to get over the line with a win. Not now. Not with this team. Not with an 8 point lead. I believe we should play with confidence. Take risks. Have absolute faith in what we do, and change nothing for these opponents.

Make them suffer.
Great post fella thats the spirit
Lets go for the them early and finish and hope they believe they have.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-derby-united-jesse-lingard-11667140

raw
One commenter thinks Warrington's only 15 mms from Manny & therefore qualifies as local, then goes on to criticise City fans for coming from "...satellite towns..." In addition, the clown probably has no idea it's closer to L'pool. To top it all the comment must have been posted to laugh at us - hahahahahaha ycmiu.

Mourinho: "When City lose the ball, they are many times unbalanced in numbers, they have lots of people surrounding the ball area and have a very strong - and this is a great quality - transition after they lose the ball, and many times they need what is called a tactical foul."

Jesse Lingard: "It might be a battle, it might not be pretty. But if we come out on top, it’s always good for the city of Manchester."

Smash them blueboys

I would think that is so far from the truth tbh.

you hope so but many points about our defending corners and free kicks are there out in the open like the near post and the late run its the better teams that will find out your weak points and work on them and like west ham and the southampton they knew its away of hurting man city and did very well at corners and free kicks the derby game and united will know what the others have done in them zones and will mark them as a way to win the game yes pep and the coaches are not daft and they also know united are good at them and work must have been done in training to stop the first man and leaving your marker on the free run all key points

but i think pep and city hold all the cards going forward and jose and united will fear a city team turning up on form and city could rip them a new one and if we click into gear the game is over and could be a early and fast and all over in the first half but things are turning united way a little with the weather and i can see them letting the pitch soak up the water and make it a heavy pitch and slow to move the ball around even watering the pitch just before kick off in the half of united are defending

many dirty ticks can give you a upper hand when teams want to play football and the other team does not like the grass long and not cut for a couple of days water log the pitch even the old trick of leaving the divots at half time in your half its all unseed but the managers have control on

I think the solution pep was on about was playing 4 up front, but I would suspect he only means this when chasing a game or against teams at home who come to defend.
It would be crazy to do this from kick-off tomorrow,they will try to win although not in the way we do and this will suit us as it will make for a more open game like they had against the Arse.
I fully expect us to win based on them having no option other than to commit players forward and allowing us the space to hurt them.
That was what I initially thought. But he said he had a plan after the West Ham game, not before.
i took it to mean, he had a plan, in which to get at teams from the off rather than when we are chasing a game.
He did say it has took a couple of games to figure it out.

They will be very happy with second/ third in the league, I doubt they will play to win.

It’s a strange one. We are the better team by far and one of the best teams in Europe right now.

At the same time we are vulnerable to counterattacking teams, we’re a little susceptible at corners and we struggle to get into our rhythm against teams that sit deep and defend. Basically all the things that Mourinho teams do well.

Put another way if you were to pick a side to cause us trouble they would be up there. There’s also a good chance we’ll be kicked from pillar to post and you’d want a decent referee. Instead we have lilylivered Oliver tomorrow.

I think they’ll start like train, hope to get in front early and then park the bus and hope to hit us on the counter.

They managed to end the Arsenal’s invincible run. They’ll be dying to do the same to us.

I’m worried that their desperation will get them over the line tomorrow. They have to win. We don’t.

My head says by hook, crook or dodgy refereeing they’ll get a result tomorrow. My heart says despite everything our wonderful team will find a way to win because we’re the best team in the league by far.
This.

I think the solution pep was on about was playing 4 up front, but I would suspect he only means this when chasing a game or against teams at home who come to defend.
It would be crazy to do this from kick-off tomorrow,they will try to win although not in the way we do and this will suit us as it will make for a more open game like they had against the Arse.
I fully expect us to win based on them having no option other than to commit players forward and allowing us the space to hurt them.
Not sure where people have got this idea from, that they are going to afford us space by over committing. They will sit deep and counter at pace. They will also have very specific plans from set pieces, trying to block off our best headers of the ball etc. They will also try to injure a key player and have them substituted. They already have a decent enough chance of beating us, purely from defending deep, cutting off passing lanes and then countering, and from free kicks and corners. Everything they are good at, we are vulnerable against. They won't deviate from that plan, and actually, I think they are favourites to win. We'd need to produce a clinical performance to take the points, but at the moment we're not deadly in front of goal. If we raise our game from recent weeks, we'll win. But if all things remain equal, we may well get turned over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.